cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a refund but charged on my bank account?

Hello, i need some help. I recently ordered a item on ebay and paid through paypal. But on the same day i placed the orderd i asked for a refund and cancelled the item. the next day i recived my refund on paypal but on my bank accout i have a pending charge for the same amount of the item i cancelled by the same seller.

*Example*

Paypal inst xfer 000000 (seller account name) pending ach/check.

that is what i see on my bank. Anyone know what i should do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you have money in your paypal account when you made the purchase?  The way you describe it, it sounds like your paypal account was empty so it withdrew funds from your bank account to cover the transaction.  If that's the case, then you have a withdrawal for x amount in your bank account and a credit for x amount in your paypal account, so you should be squared away.  If that's not the case, you should probably contact your bank and paypal to discuss the problem with them.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

yes the item cost around $8 and i had $30+ on my paypal.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Basically, if you started out with $1000 in your bank an $0 in paypal, made a purchase for $100, then had it refunded.  You should now have $900 in your bank and $100 in paypal.  Forgive me if that's not the predicament, but we all have our blonde moments from time to time.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lue_li wrote:

yes the item cost around $8 and i had $30+ on my paypal.

That I can't explain.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply