cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping tracking

I ordered a package of goods from a US seller via eBay Global Shipping to Australia.

The tracking system was good; received in shipping centre, sent, cleared customs, delivered to my address - only it wasn't delivered, either in the day listed against the purchase in eBay or the following day according to the tracking email.

The email referral to customer service is a total run around and tries to force contact with the seller - to what point? Seller has no responsibility after UPS collect for transit to the shipping centre. Tracking numbers are useless.

Australia doesn't have GS and gave me a complete run around on chat - phone the airport on the generic number!!!!! No Company, no name to contact.

Finally I have to call eBay USA to see if they can figure it out.

Come on eBay, there has to be an easier way to resolve this.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Global Shipping tracking

If the tracking number shows the package as DELIVERED, the seller has done his/her job.

The buyer has to track down the package: check with household members, neighbors, bushes, porch.

If the package still cannot be found, buyer needs to take the tracking number down to the post office. They can check their internal systems to see who scanned and delivered the package and check with that postal carrier to see if s/he remembers the package.

Someone may have stolen the package out of the mailbox or off the porch. File a report with the police department.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Global Shipping tracking

GSP doesn't work this way. GSP only in USA and UK.

Seller prints delivery note and eBay sends a courier to collect and deliver to Kentucky (for USA) and eBay take overfull responsibility through Pitney Bowes International. The whole point of GSP is to take the delivery responsibility away from the seller. They may repack, but did not have to in this case. 

Its expensive, 2 to 4 times the USPS cost in my experience, so has reduced the number of things I buy from USA by about 90% to a few things that are ridiculously priced or not available here in Australia .

I did manage to track PBI e-mail and they were helpful.

The package was supposed to have been delivered at 23h20 according to the message. Suspicious time. Have never received anything later than 18h00 before.

The package was delivered in perfect condition three days later in the afternoon, but no reason given as to what happened with the system.

I guess I am happy, but disappointed in the local customer service. No obvious path to a solution except chat, and sadly the respondent obviously has no knowledge of GSP or what to do in this circumstance. Not his fault I suspect, as a somewhat unusual problem.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply