cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Returns and Clothing

Hi, I am debating offering Free Returns.  The thing that concerns me is that people will take advantage.  I think of my 85 year old mother in law that takes advantage of free returns and NEVER buys anything.   She just likes to try the items on.  That mentality frightens me.  

Here is my question:  I would like to know FROM PEOPLE THAT GIVE FREE RETURNS:

1) whether they have seen an increase to returns.   

2)  I would also be interested in your thoughts and whether you have noticed an increase in sales?

3)  I am thinking that getting a discount on fees could offset the free returns.  Do you find this to be true?

I am not interested in hearing negative remarks about free returns & how bad Ebay is or from people that do not offer Free Returns.

Thanks in advance,

Diane

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free Returns and Clothing

I don’t normally offer free returns but I’ve been on eBay 19 yrs & have had 0 returns. I just recently ventured into clothing which I will take free returns on. I have had 0 so far.
I only posted here because 99% of the people I know on eBay & I know hundreds or thousands of sellers, they all say free returns did not increase their return rate.
There’s always someone out there that will buy 10 items and keep 1. I hope that helps.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"I am not interested in hearing negative remarks about free returns & how bad Ebay is or from people that do not offer Free Returns."

Well I'm out then.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I was going to reply too but if you only want to hear what you want to hear, go into your bathroom, look in the mirror and ask your questions.

Presumably, people come to the boards for a variety of opinions. Not all are going to stroke you.

Sheesh, I'm out too!
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am looking for answers, not complaints.  So many times I ask questions on this forum & I get a bunch of people that just want to complain about ebay.  The conversation gets side tracked on people venting and I DON'T GET ANY ANSWERS.   Just like this post.  If you have nothing to contribute---THEN DON'T.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@albertabrightalbertawrote:
I was going to reply too but if you only want to hear what you want to hear, go into your bathroom, look in the mirror and ask your questions.

Presumably, people come to the boards for a variety of opinions. Not all are going to stroke you.

Sheesh, I'm out too!

I'm not looking for opinions in this post, I am looking for facts.  Someone who actually know how their business is doing with free returns.  Thank you for proving my point.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I don’t normally offer free returns but I’ve been on eBay 19 yrs & have had 0 returns. I just recently ventured into clothing which I will take free returns on. I have had 0 so far.
I only posted here because 99% of the people I know on eBay & I know hundreds or thousands of sellers, they all say free returns did not increase their return rate.
There’s always someone out there that will buy 10 items and keep 1. I hope that helps.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This does help.  This is the information that I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply