cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Class Package shipping for a 14 ounce package shows $10.10 for buyers?

I have been selling this item for almost a year, using calculated shipping plus a 50¢ handling fee.  I don't recall the buyer every being charged $10.10 for a 14 ounce package.

I had one going from 92802 to 10595, and from 92802 to 30747.  I pay the online commercial price since I print my labels using ebay.  I was charged $4.46 and $5.70 respectively.  The difference is usually around $1 to $2 as I recall.

Does this sound wonky to anyone else?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like your calculator settings on your listings have been changed from showing online rates to showing retail rates.  Thus, your 14 ounce package would be upgraded to priority because retail first class only goes up to 13 ounce.

Check your seller preferences and make sure your calculator is set to offer online discount prices to buyers.  If that's what you want.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As noted in the other post, a 14-ounce package will show the cost for Priority Mail if you have your site preferences set to show the retail postage cost.  The solution is to list it as 13 ounces, since the online price is the same for both weights.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I never use the calculator for items where the final weight will be between 14 and 16 ounces when I intend to use First Class because of this problem.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I select to charge the Retail Rate, so the difference between retail and online is my handling fee.

However, I understand what you are saying about 14 ounces being charged the Priority rate since retail for a first class package stops at 13 ounces.  The label did print as FCP with a weight of 14 ounces.  I better change those listings to 13 ounces.

Thanks for the reply.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 5
latest reply