cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex delivery driver didn't scan packages when picking up

Hi

This morning I noticed 5 tracking numbers for Fedex did not update from the day before.  I assumed Fedex  didn't do a pickup yesterday.  When I went to my local postal annex this morning, the packages were gone.  The owner said a new driver picked it up.  Tracking still hasn't updated, and I'm really concerned,  the driver may have taken the packages.  Is there anything I can do, even though tracking shows Fedex never received the package?  

Thank you all for your time and any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Fedex delivery driver didn't scan packages when picking up

They should get scanned at the next point. I would not expect the driver would have taken them. It would be a lot of risk with out knowing what was in them.

They should show up in a day or so.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@sfc_auto_parts wrote:

This morning I noticed 5 tracking numbers for Fedex did not update from the day before.  I assumed Fedex  didn't do a pickup yesterday.  When I went to my local postal annex this morning, the packages were gone.  

Are you shipping FedEx packages from a USPS location?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Its my local postal annex.  Customers can drop off UPS, USPS and Fedex packages

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You're probably right.  I've been doing this for five years and this has never happened.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@sfc_auto_parts 

Better get up FedEx's back side and let them know this isn't acceptable.  If you ship volume they have an incentive to "fix" their internal problem so it doesn't happen again.  If nothing else, stop shipping entirely with FedEx for a couple or three months and see if a salesperson isn't on the phone to you asking what happened.  If that doesn't occur then you know they don't value you and your business.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply