cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex and UPS overcharge

Hey fellow eBay sellers,

I've got to vent a bit and see if I'm the only one scratching my head over here. Remember that email from eBay back in September 2023 about how they were gonna start charging us for FedEx and UPS shipping labels right when we print them?  This is exactly what they said "Currently, shipping cost estimates for FedEx® and UPS® shipping labels are provided at the time of printing, and actual costs are charged after delivery. In the coming weeks, we will begin charging for all shipping labels at the time they are printed." 

Well, something's fishy. Just today, I got hit with a FedEx charge three times what I expected. My package was supposed to be 2.0 pounds, but they said, "Nah, it's 1.5 pounds," and still charged me 3 times more. Same dimensions just the weight is less. And then there's UPS, slapping an "additional handling" fee on another package of mine, doubling the cost without a peep about why. What gives?

I've seen a bunch of us getting these weird charges where the math just doesn't add up. eBay did step in and sort one out for me (kudos for that), but if we're all running to customer service for this, isn't that a sign something's off at the starting line?

Shouldn't eBay be chatting with FedEx and UPS to cut out these bonkers overcharges? It's like, if the weight goes down, how does the price shoot up? 🤔

I'm really hoping it's not just me seeing this. Have any of you had similar run-ins? How did you deal with it? More importantly, do you think there's a way we can nudge eBay to maybe, you know, revisit how this whole shipping charge thing works?

For eBay company's perspective, if they get this right or at least better, it will drive less seller contact customer service for help and reduce their cost on customer service.  That is scalable solution.

Looking forward to hearing your stories and maybe, just maybe, coming up with some genius plan to bring back some sanity to our shipping costs.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Fedex and UPS overcharge

Same here…2x with fed ex and 4x with UPS.   All my weighs and dimensions are accurate and even took them in and had them verify.   I lost nearly $250 with these upcharged and no one will help.  

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Fedex and UPS overcharge

25 years of selling on ebay and I have to say I am up against the worst headwinds and lack of control I have ever seen. We just got hit with 7 of these random over charges from fedex shipping fees from ebay all the same day, lower weights and all accurate shipping sizes but we were charged 2x or more on fees. After these fees all 7 items sold have becomes a loss and items would not have been sold or shipped off when ebay publised the shipping fees to us at time of sale and shipping. we are in business for a profit as ebay and every other seller on ebay is as well. The platform has continued to create new rules and new issues. As fees continue to rise and new rules implemented to take away controls as a seller.  What I have gathered is that many power sellers are noticing these fees and charges. What Ebay has told a few sellers its a glitch and these fees will be fixed. I have yet to file my grievance and will call in later today.  Stay focused and make sure you follow up on what you are deserved to earn. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply