cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx is at it again....

So it appears FedEx is at again with their racket of "cost adjustments". I woke up to a dozen of them....and none are legitimate as I make the FedEx Office give me a drop off receipt WITH the weight on it. The "actual" weight and the "billable" weights are the same on the email from Ebay so maybe there is just a glitch in their system as it appears I am not the only one to get them.  Has anyone contacted Ebay about this being a glitch yet?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

FedEx is at it again....

I contacted them on Monday because the first one came through for me on Sunday night.  I told them that I went into the shipping calculator and added 6" to every side and 20 lbs to the weight and still came nowhere near what they were now charging me.  Either FedEx or eBay has a glitch!

I'll be calling again this morning because I got three more adjustments last night for almost $40 and NONE of them are legitimate!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again....

I just got off phone with an Ebay customer service rep (not in US so most know the info should be taken with a grain of salt) but the rep said she has gotten several calls on this today and that 'ebay is filing disputes automatically on behalf of sellers with Fedex'.  Will it work?  Who knows.  But I ship the same items, have used Fedex and then all of a sudden the adjustments come and double the cost.  Went back to Ebay LAbels and inputted info and get the same initial rates AND the adjustment shows the exact same weight I had so this is straight up fraud (misleading as estimates on Ebay LAbels are off by 100%) and theft (taking your money on false pretenses.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again....

Same with me, this is a major issue. Wait time to talk to an EBAY CSR now is over 20 minutes which it's never that long unless there is a major issue. The thousands and thousands of dollars ebay/fed-x has removed from seller's accounts in the last 24-48+ hours has to be staggering. Just horrible that this has happened.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again....

It's horrible! I have the same problem. The cost was simply doubled, although I always indicate sizes with a margin. And Fedex also indicated that the parcel size was 4, but I indicated 5. And they charged me double the cost. I already thought that I was the only one and sat in horror, not understanding what I did wrong and what I should improve

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again....

Same here, 4th time this year but the first few were under $3 so I let it go (which is what they want us to do).  The first adjustments happened during a rate increase in January, which occurred while the package was en-route, and actually delayed a few days so they could do this adjustment. 

One of my adjustments today has an alert on it that FedEx says my reported 7-lb package actually weighs 6.6 lbs!! and thus the billable weight is 7 lbs (yep, duh).  Nothing else was changed.

I've also had dimensions changed from 48x5x5 to 5x48x5 (listing Length second).  This is a way for FedEx to bypass their discounts to their large accounts, so if it's happening on this scale with eBay, they are doing it to accounts nationwide.  It's time for eBay to step up and not just "appeal" these charges but have their lawyers look at it.  The FTC needs to be notified.

Final thought -- how many adjustment REFUNDS have you received from FedEx?  I get them often from UPS, but never had one from FedEx, and I don't expect that to change.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

FedEx is at it again....

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply