cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex Overcharges

I was just charged an additional $52.44 by Fed Ex for being 1/10 of an Ounce over on a package weight 

My Scale 27.19 lbs - Theirs 27.20 lbs

No Allowances allowed

Seems like another scheme to soak it to ebay sellers

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Fed Ex Overcharges

eBay is aware of the FedEx cost adjustment issue and is working on it. They posted banners on the CS contact pages and seller Payments pages letting sellers know it's a top priority. No need to waste time contacting CS (the waits are long right now due to the volume from this issue). Give eBay some time to sort it out and credit back the funds.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/For-those-dealing-with-the-Fed-X-issue-this-is-now-on-the-eba...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Fedex is well known for being the " speed trap " of shippers.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

You need to look at the dimensional weight they charged you for at the bottom.  This will probably be higher.

But keep in mind, right now the whole thing is buggered and eBay knows about it.  They may have temporarily resolved it by changing the pricing so its way higher to use Fed Ex till they figure it out.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Ok- so- over the last 6-8 months or so- Randomly I would get a note from ebay, saying that I was charged a small amount ( usually around 2 - 3 bucks) that I had "underpaid" for shipping- always fed ex shipments.

I would get this after the package was delivered- usually within about 5-7 days.

It would catch me off guard, as I would have that transaction in the "thats done and gone" section of my brain.

Every time- the amount was so small- that I just blew it off- figuring - well maybe I was wrong in my calculations on size and weight?

Also- every time- I would think- man, i am super good about making sure the package size is correct- and the weight was correct as well.

If the box im sending is 12.5x 12.5x12.5- I will enter 13x13x13

If the box im sending is 9.5lbs- I enter 10lbs.

Always. Always i do this- so these little "overcharges" dont come back and take little bites out of me.

I now am wondering how many times this happens to people- How many others out there have had this happen, and they just blow those little amounts off? Is it millions of people?? Because that could really add up to a ton of money for the shipping company- like 10s of millions...

NOW THIS HAPPENS- I was just charged almost 18 more bucks- 18... for a box I sent , that I know that I calculated correctly- **bleep**? Im not letting this one go- 18 bucks is a nice meal out for me- and I dont have a ton of money sitting around that I can just "blow off"

When its time to print a label- I correctly enter the size and weight- and the ebay shipping calculator tells me the costs of all the carriers for that package. I chose the way I want to send it- hit pay for label- and print it. Stick it on the package- and drop it off.

That SHOULD be it- SHOULD BE IT! Thats it- I paid what the ebay calculator told me to pay- and THATS IT! No more- ship it!! RIGHT??? Put that one in the "taken care of" pile....

Anyone else have a comment or similar thing going on??

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Well a Big Thank You to ebay staff for correcting this - I was credited "FedEx Shipping Label Charge Correction Tracking"

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Did you get an email from ebay in your inbox alerting you to the corrections on this or did you have to look through your financial summary on ebay to discover this?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

I'm going to answer my own question on this if anybody else was curious how ebay is correcting this...I didn't get any emails which I think would have been the best most transparent thing to do...I had to look at my transaction history details...ebay has credited each one as 'eBay Incidental Reimbursement Credit' in the list....make sure they credited you for each overaged that you previously got 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

I had 7 and have only been credited for 4 so far. I will give it a few more business days to see if they come through but you do need to keep an eye on them. These "underpaid" FedEx charges are a total scam and been going on for a long time....looks like they got greedy and went after too many and made it obvious this time.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Looks like Im done with Fed ex and there fake  over charges , this is B/S ,,boycott Fed/X  . I will just use UPS and USPS ,never had issues or  problems with them . Its tough enough to make a buck , and now you have Fed/ex ripping you off. Stop using Fed/ex ,take money out of there pockets ,they will get the message .

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

How can i find the credits for the charges? I am having a hard time locating where they would be. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

i got charged another $52.07 for apparently being 1 inch over on sizing of the box (we buy boxes brand new, the size is printed on the bottom of the box per Uline - we don't magically contort and tape a box beyond a square 90 degree angle as that's kind of impossible).  so, i think whatever they resolved is back now.  a comparable UPS underpaid yesterday charged us $1.40 which i'm not even going to dispute measurements  over an inch here and there, but come on.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

Hi @ange63 

Years ago I hit a short stretch where Buyers were paying X and I was later charged about twice X for FedEx labels.  Neither eBay or FedEx could (or would) explain the Other charges that jacked up the price.  The worst one and last one was Buyer paid about $ 23 and I paid about $ 46 ... yep, about double. 

I stopped using them and only use USPS now.  And my packages were NOT large so Dimensional weight was NOT the issue. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex Overcharges

i don't think anything was ever resolved, ebay just ate the difference in fees.  i have no doubt we had a few adjustments due, but it should have been in the $1 to 5 range and not $52 as that's not mathematically possible.  even if i walked into a fedex office and paid full retail rate, it wouldn't be that high

Message 15 of 25
latest reply