cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake item with a fake location

I purchased a Gucci bag purportedly located in California and it was a big mistake. All the signs were there, but the price was so good and I wanted it so much that I ignored them all. The seller is new and has no feedback and the item description screamed scam. The day after I bought the item I realized what a horrible mistake I had made. I compared the item photos with photos from the Gucci website and realized beyond a shadow of doubt that the bag was counterfeit. I messaged the seller, repeatedly, to try to cancel the purchase but the seller mailed it anyway and maintained that it was an authentic bag. I received the same message, in broken English, again and again - from different hotmails. The message said "Hi,I have delivered item, item in the road,it soon quick arrive your hand, please be patient. thank you". I didn't know what else to do so I requested a return, though the I hadn't received the item and don't know when I will. I've yet to be alerted by Ebay that the item has been shipped but the seller claims it's "in the road" so I don't know. 

Today I received a message notifying me that my return request had been accepted by the seller and I have until December 13th to return it. The message included a return label with a California address and an attachment from the seller with a confusing message saying I have to return the item to his real address, in North Korea. I have to admit, my mind is kind of blown. North Korea? Really? 

I've tried to call Ebay but I'm in Iceland and they apparently neither take calls from here nor receive them. I can't report the item because it's been removed, probably by the seller. This also means I can no longer contact the seller. 

If anyone can help me I would be so grateful. I paid over $500 for the fake bag and I'm feeling incredibly stupid. I probably shouldn't have spent that money even if it was real. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I bought something that i thought was real, it turned out to be fake.  Ebay has turned into Craigslist

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

The crazy part about this whole thing is that OP could actually ship the bag to North Korea from Iceland for the equivalent of about USD $61 to about $75 depending upon how big the bag is 🙂

Why Iceland? The buyer is in USA according to ebay account:

"Member since: Mar-15-15 in United States"
Fake location? 😉

everything confusing here...

OP, if you have the bag RESHIPPED to you - you have lost MBG
The only way - receive it and return to address provided by Paypal (California, not North Korea))), at your expense
Message 32 of 32
latest reply