cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORCED RETURNS ON SELLER WHEN SELLING AN ITEM AS IS FOR PARTS NOT WORKING DEFECTIVE

Sellers,  Beware even if an item is sold AS IS for parts not working a buyer can still have eBay ram rod down your throat a return when they claim and item was received not working !! Well Duh,  It was sold that way for parts !! 

Buyers are smart and they are using the return system fraudulently in lieu of them having to pay for return shipping.  I was told by the Representatives(s) that the eBay return system is not intelligent (ha ha) it cannot decipher if a request is open regardless how you advertised it for sale.  

So since the buyers are educated and get away with (being funny here a joke) (Murder) and they can extort you that if we do not accept there request well then they are just going to leave us the appropriate feedback we all know what they mean when they say that !! what there intentions are to do !! eBay still does not step in and assist us sellers.  

Does eBay understand they are not Amazon I know they think they are ?? however if it was not for us seller selling products on there platform there would be no eBay ? eBay does not have warehouses all over the country where they sell there own product ? they rely on us sellers to use or inventory to sell !! So when are they going to learn after all the sellers move on to sell on different platforms with little to no fees ? and less hassle ? and stop losing money as a seller on shipping and return shipping and not getting items back carefully as we are so careful in shipping them out ? the buyers just throw the items in a box regardless on what it is just to get it back to seller with no care or respect in the world to the seller on how its packed ? but we as sellers have to care and respect the packages ? last I checked this world is a 2 way street ? and needs to be fair playing grounds on both sides.  eBay was set up as the worlds online fair marketplace it is no longer fair playing grounds.  I actually was told the other day from a buyer I am a great buyer I have 100% feedback !! Of course it looks that way because us sellers cannot fairly review you as a buyer !! So one sided !! 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

FORCED RETURNS ON SELLER WHEN SELLING AN ITEM AS IS FOR PARTS NOT WORKING DEFECTIVE

Maybe stop putting statements like this in your listings:

"THIS WAS REMOVED FROM A WORKING RECORDING STUDIO THAT WE ARE LIQUIDATING.  WE WERE TOLD IT WAS WORKING "

Doesn't matter what you were told. Any statement of that type is just an attempt to get a higher price without taking responsibility.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You left the part of the statement out stating we cannot test fully 100% and we cannot confirm its working.  Plus we took a lesser offer that does not get me more money actually makes me get less money.  Was sold for parts not working plain and simple.  Buyer has remorse and its ok for them to open a case for not working instead of changed my mind or ordered by mistake in lieu of them paying for return shipping its fraud !! 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Also you must be an employee of eBay or paid to reply here on the forums to even know what item I was talking about ? Strange ? Another attempt for eBay to try and make themselves look better and pass blame on the seller ? and again seeing things one sided !!
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@quikdropflstu wrote:

You left the part of the statement out stating we cannot test fully 100% and we cannot confirm its working.  Plus we took a lesser offer that does not get me more money actually makes me get less money.  Was sold for parts not working plain and simple.  Buyer has remorse and its ok for them to open a case for not working instead of changed my mind or ordered by mistake in lieu of them paying for return shipping its fraud !! 

Yes, I left it out because it's not the problem. The statement I quoted IS the problem. You're trying to reinforce the possibility that you're selling a 100% functional unit, based on a comment from some third party who's not involved in the transaction.

I see this all the time in the category I sell in: "Previous owner said it worked great, but ...". If you don't know that it works, don't say anything about it working. It's a simple fix.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@quikdropflstu wrote:
Also you must be an employee of eBay or paid to reply here on the forums to even know what item I was talking about ? Strange ? Another attempt for eBay to try and make themselves look better and pass blame on the seller ? and again seeing things one sided !!

LOL. I pulled up your sold items, found the first one that was sold with a "Parts" condition, and found that text. I didn't know you were complaining about that particular sale until you just admited it. Hilarious.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@quikdropflstu wrote:

LOL. I pulled up your sold items, found the first one that was sold with a "Parts" condition, and found that text. I didn't know you were complaining about that particular sale until you just admited it. Hilarious.

Agreed -- it took me about 5 seocnds to find it the same way, and I expect @thatsallfolks was at least that fast.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

How funny and ironic is this I was just told by eBay to post this on the forum its a fair place to have sellers vent and to let eBay know another way to hear sellers problems or issues.  I am even getting bashed on the forumn ?  You do not know my situation or maybe you do since you may or may not work for eBay ?? and what I have been selling and how I have been selling.  This buyer was  problem from day one and is upset we opened an upaid item case against them for non payment and then went in and bought the same product from us two weeks later whne they had the first one already no problems it was not working ? becasue I had two available  has the items for a while now and has decided today to open up two return requests !! So this truly unfair.  If a buyer wants to return the item fine but don't have the sellers pay for it becasue they can open it this way to get around the system. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Maybe stop putting statements like this in your listings:

"THIS WAS REMOVED FROM A WORKING RECORDING STUDIO THAT WE ARE LIQUIDATING.  WE WERE TOLD IT WAS WORKING "

Doesn't matter what you were told. Any statement of that type is just an attempt to get a higher price without taking responsibility.

@thatsallfolks is correct.

Basically, if you are listing an item with "Condition: For parts or not working", the full definition for that is:

An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions

@quikdropflstu -- If you are selling "For parts or not working" then you need to describe what is wrong with it, in detail, in your description. If there is anything wrong with the item that was NOT described in the listing, then the item is Not As Described, and eBay will enforce that if the buyer files a NAD complaint.

The seller is required to pay for the return shipping if it is a NAD complaint.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but this board is for getting help on how eBay works. We couldn't help you with that if we sugar-coated things, and only told you what you wanted to hear, when it isn't correct.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@quikdropflstu wrote:

How funny and ironic is this I was just told by eBay to post this on the forum its a fair place to have sellers vent and to let eBay know another way to hear sellers problems or issues.  I am even getting bashed on the forumn ?  You do not know my situation or maybe you do since you may or may not work for eBay ?? and what I have been selling and how I have been selling.  This buyer was  problem from day one and is upset we opened an upaid item case against them for non payment and then went in and bought the same product from us two weeks later whne they had the first one already no problems it was not working ? becasue I had two available  has the items for a while now and has decided today to open up two return requests !! So this truly unfair.  If a buyer wants to return the item fine but don't have the sellers pay for it becasue they can open it this way to get around the system. 

1) eBay may have told you to post here, but I find it unlikely that they assured you that everyone would agree with you here.

2) You described the situation you're posting about, so yes, we do know your situation.

3) Honest disagreement is not "bashing"; you posted your problem, and you were given comments about how you could have avoided it. Take the advice or don't, but don't tell us we're "bashing" you because we would have done things differently.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Bottom line any disclaimer means nothing even a description means nothing there is no more proctection or backing by eBay for sellers.  Both eBay reps agreed with me told me we did nothing wrong but told me with the new changes in effect there is nothing that can be done any longer with extortion or buyers remorse and a  Buyer can return whatever they want whenever they want no quetions asked and the seller has to pay for it regarldess what is said or not said or how it is sold or not sold its what it has gotten to and its unfair to sellers.  That is the reason for my post to make other sellers aware what has taken place and where it has gotten to.  

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Other sellers are more than aware of what has taken place. Everyone knows that Ebay doesn't back up it's sellers, however if your listings are worded properly and you have all your ducks in a line so to speak then it's easily beatable most times on appeal. If the buyer received an UPI strike why in the world didn't you put them on your BBL? I understand if a buyer is having issues and needs a little extra time, which is why mine isn't automatically set up I have to manually do it, however if a buyer is being "problematic" as you say right from the start then I'm baffled as to why you sold them anything, let alone 2 items with 2 different transactions? Definitely add them to you blocked list and consider it a lesson learned and move on.

Also just because a poster doesn't agree with you doesn't make them an "employee" of Ebay. Actually I think when one of them posts it shows they are an employee so there isn't any deception going on. People can pull up your sold listings once you posted here, they can click on your username and access your account information such as feedback, listings, etc...

For future listings if you are going to list anything as parts only/ as is and non-working you need to make certain to include that within the item specifics box. Have it in the description as well, but it MUST be in that box and whatever you do DON"T lead buyers on with the words "it may" be working. As you are well aware now they can use that to their advantage just because you implied it.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Because they exlained a paypal issue and I gave them the benefit of the doubt before just blocking them.  They came back to buy a second one and in there low offer I accepted there comment was reason for my low offer because I am buying this for parts with the assumption its not working.  So I accepted there offer on the 2nd excatly same item as the first one they bought two weeks earlier.  With all that proof and extortion if I do not accept returns they will leave appropritate feedback eBay said I had no choice to accept both returns, a year ago it would have been closed in my favor.  Its getting hard and harder as a seller and we are taking huge losses on the shipping especially.  So the reason for my posts was my experience as a seller.  I have lisitngs worded every which way to Sunday I was told it does not matter over and over again and its just getting to the ultimate no questions asked returns any return policy is going to go away and there will be all free returns for buyers regarldess how your item is sold.   

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It's all really on who you speak to and at what times you are calling into Ebay to ensure you speak with an American. If they sent you a BO and specifically specified that they were purchasing it for parts as they assumed it did not work then you need to keep calling and you also need to report them for abusing EBay's MBG if they are filing fraudulent SNAD requests. And contrary to popular belief they do eventually catch up with buyers. I have one right now who is NOT protected by EBay's MBG, CSR didn't specify that it was because she'd opened too many claims but her "example" was as such. So while it may take many eventually it catches up with the liars.

I don't blame you for being upset, everyone gets upset but letting your emotions rule doesn't help you. I would file an appeal and not stop making the calls until I got someone to read the BO comment showing the buyer knew they were not working prior to ever purchasing. Truth of the matter they probably bought for a specific part and now are returning. Also if they stripped it or mail you back anything other than what you sent them then you can file a mail fraud case against them. When you appeal to Ebay include the mail fraud report number, if they do that that is, and I'm sure you will receive a courtesy refund from Ebay.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@quikdropflstu wrote:

Both eBay reps agreed with me told me we did nothing wrong 

Of course they did. That got you off the phone faster. Non-USA eBay reps know very little about eBay policies, or even about how eBay works. Having them agree with you doesn't mean a thing.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply