cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated delivery

who is responsible and decides how long will be the estimated delivery?

i know that we must select and buy thing with less estimated delivery but many times it does not show before you buy it. Any way why so much, see the attach image, this one has 69 days. Why eBay lets this to happen? Thanks for any answers...

estimated.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Estimated delivery

Unless I'm wrong, it is eBay that determines the estimated delivery date according to the seller's handling time and the type of service being offered.  

Of course, your being located in Greece might result in longer actual delivery times depending upon Customs delays.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unless I'm wrong, it is eBay that determines the estimated delivery date according to the seller's handling time and the type of service being offered.  

Of course, your being located in Greece might result in longer actual delivery times depending upon Customs delays.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

And buying from China almost always increases the estimated delivery date considerably.

One Chinese scam is to give long estimated delivery times so that you will go beyond the 30-day eBay limit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebays 30 day limit is from the LAST estimated delivery date ,

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I've always seen an estimated delivery date before buying. And, yes, it's ebay who puts that there. As for the dates, I have an item whose last estimated date is January 2, 2018.

Shipping:
FREE Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide | See details
See details about international shipping here.  

Item location:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Ships to:
Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia See exclusions

Delivery:

Estimated within 12-36 business days  
Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 11 business days.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

I've always seen an estimated delivery date before buying. And, yes, it's ebay who puts that there. As for the dates, I have an item whose last estimated date is January 2, 2018.

Shipping:
FREE Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide | See details
See details about international shipping here.  

Item location:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Ships to:
Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia See exclusions

Delivery:

Estimated within 12-36 business days  
Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 11 business days.

I remember when USPS  had international  surface parcel mail service  up untill  may  2007 , That was  shipping by boat !  Wich take  up to 3 months for delievery in rare case's . USPS  also had  international   Air Parcel post shipping which was little faster then FCMI but cheaper then global priority mail and moved faster through customs  then Priority mail  or express  . USPS dropped Air parcel post in 2007  also .   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply