cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economy shipping eBay says delivery in 3 days...huh?

I usually send small, light items 1st class, however I choose Economy shipping from the drop down menu which gives a estimated delivery time of 1 to 10...I do this to mitigate any delays due to unforeseen weather or other delays....Now when I look at my listing it says delivery in 3 days...WTH....Why does eBay give this estimate?...Any / All comments appreciated

We Don't Want the Government to Shut Down

We Want them to SHUT UP!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Well for starters any time you look at your listings it will show estimate delivery to your zip code which will be faster 

also eBay goes by how fast items you ship usually get delivered if your usually using first class and not economy eBay is going to estimate on how fast those first class packages usually get delivered.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

What myangelandmyprincess said.

Specifying a long delivery time shipping option isn't enough. You have to specify a long 3 ,5 or more days) handling time.

However, if you don't actually use the extra handling time days, and ship quickly, eBay starts ignoring your handling time and puts Fast-n-free or GD on your listings if shipping is historically fast enough.

Although eBay will cover GD delivery late complaints ($5 vouchers, maybe feedback protection, etc), your item is subject to being SNAD if it arrives after that eBay generated delivery date (the estimated delivery date is considered part of the description), and you would have to accept the return, pay for the return shipping, and issue a full refund if the buyer wishes.

That is the potential* gotcha in this, and I know of no way around it other than to sit on shipments until the last day specified in the handling time before shipping.

(I was pretty much told it isn't an issue until it happens, and discussing the fact that it makes it impossible for a seller to plan wasn't going to happen 😞
Message 3 of 3
latest reply