cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay starting to give automatic refunds on packages arriving late due to Storms and USPS

I just read a update that Ebay would be protecting sellers from the USPS shipping issues from the winter weather issues that are making all shipping take a long time. Well it didnt take long for ebay to go back on there word because now Ebay is issuing automatic refunds for shipping that hasn't arrived.  I shipped on time and the item has been stuck in shipping for a month and just recently started to move from one location to another (yesterday) . Well within the same day of the buyer contacting ebay they were issued a refund and my item is still stuck in shipping. So sellers be on top of this as this is going to become a huge issue if you shipped within the last month.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay starting to give automatic refunds on packages arriving late due to Storms and USPS

I dont even blame the buyers in this. I blame Ebay for not making it clear how bad the delays were and downplaying how long it would take.  And apparently they didn't update there automatic policies to deal with this issue or inform the buyers of a possible delay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Ebay starting to give automatic refunds on packages arriving late due to Storms and USPS

Apparently the protection is your ability to appeal...which is the opposite of protection.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

A month???? Was this a US shipment? Where was it stuck a month?

This is a new one on me....I've been shipping all over the US for Jan and Feb (and now Mar) and I haven't run into this one yet. I've been shipping through USPS and UPS with tracking. I checked my ebay sold page and everything was delivered on time.

I'd like more info though just to keep tabs on it.

Thanks

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

So, what do we do? I just had a seller message me, because her purchased item is stuck somewhere. It was supposed to be delivered on the 20th of February, and USPS hasn't posted an update since it left my state. I certainly can't afford for the buyer to get a refund and the item (at some point), too.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@montgom_8994 
I do believe that some sellers are having issues with deliveries.  However, I haven’t seen any delivery speed issues since January.  I’ve been shipping regularly - averaging around seven items per day.  I have nothing sent before feb 27 that is still in transit.  Not one complaint, nothing of concern.  I’ve been shipping a mix of FC, Priority, and Media Mail.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You need to be proactive with these INR cases and ask ebay to place them on hold for 10 days and then watch them. Don't let them time out to the point where buyer can ask ebay to step in and help. This is happening to everybody. All of these lost packages are getting to their destination in 2-3 weeks.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

In my recent case, when the buyer escalated the INR eBay automatically put the case on hold for 8 days without a refund to the buyer since the tracking show that it was in transit. I didn't have to request it.

Now it looks like the item is currently moving again after 2 weeks of no activity. I should be able to get it closed out in my favor very soon!

Thank you eBay for stepping up and doing the right thing!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

While most packages I've sent from here in New Hampshire have been getting delivered on time, the last 3 weeks or so some have run into the same problems that plagued us over the holidays from mid-November to end of January.  

I just had a 1st class pkg finally delivered after 13 days - 9 of them no scans.  I have a couple others "overdue".  I just had an item I bought exactly 2 weeks ago and shipped Priority delivered to me yesterday from west coast.  On the other hand I just had a package  delivered via DHL from a relative in Indonesia in 5 days.... and a large package I shipped to Arizona via UPS on a Monday arrived at destination on Thursday.  Since mid-Feb I've sent 50% of my stuff UPS and NO PROBLEMS.  Only USPS items both coming and going have been a problem.

Bottom line is the USPS is rapidly deteriorating, aside from my local carrier who is johnny-on-the-spot for pickups, never misses a scan, and delivers in weather not fit for man nor beast.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The parasite Louis DeJoy installed by The Former Guy to sabotage the election has promised slower service and higher prices. In order to remove him, President Biden has nominated three new USPS board members who, if confirmed, will have to vote with a majority to replace him.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I shipped the item on Febuary 12. It was going from NY to FL. It just started moving 2 day ago from Albany. I just had another package shipped at the same time arrive yesterday.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply