cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's New Faulty Return Program?????

I have a buyer who purchased an item without reading anything or looking at any photos.  It arrived exactly as it was described yet they've opened a return claiming it was damaged during shipping.  I don't hardly get any returns so I'm not overly familiar with the process, I just know people can return ampty packages & ebay doesn't care.  We called ebay in hopes they might be able to deny the return since the item is as described & not damaged during shipping & we're told to accept the return & if it arrives back as it was shipped then we can keep it & not have to refund the buyer.  The Rep said they started this new Faulty Returns Program last month.  He sounded really sure & knowledgeable but I've been hearing people still complaining about returns & no one else seems to have heard about this so I called back & the next Rep confirmed they have this program but then changed to "work with the buyer" and said to offer a partial refund SMH.

Anyone here ever heard of this??

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ebay's New Faulty Return Program?????

we're told to accept the return & if it arrives back as it was shipped then we can keep it & not have to refund the buyer. The Rep said they started this new Faulty Returns Program last month

__

That rep lied. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Haha! yes the rep lied. You DO NOT get to keep the item and refuse a refund if the item is returned in its original condition. You still have to refund the buyer. Your rep is quite the actor. There is no new "faulty return" program @dagobahgeneralstore . 

The lord knows my heart so I ain't trippin' off no church

Positive is the attitude
Negative is not the mood
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I actually have the call recorded, I'm going to try to get it uploaded to YouTube so people can hear what I was told.  I've asked around a few places & I definatley did not misunderstand what I was told which would mean I was flat out lied to & if that's the case I seriously **bleep** off that a Rep would do that

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Another Rep confirmed this is a thing & this is how it works.  The only bad thing is this Rep told me returns have been changed to completely exclude Canadian sellers.  Since we can't issue return shipping labels to US buyers it used to be the buyer just paid for the return & if applicable we refunded them that extra cost.  Now I'm being told they just automatically find in favour of the buyer.  **bleep** ebay >:

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dagobahgeneralstore wrote:

I think someone is toying with you.

The ill conceived, not posted, completely contradictory to written policy of all buyers get all returns has been in full force for several months, they would not do an about face unless it was somehow affecting the ebay revenue stream drastically. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just got hit with this same exact situation. On a heavily discounted item that the buyer haggled, requested extra pictures, had 100 questions, all of which I was happy to provide. I have never had a buyer complain in this manner and request a return before - this new policy gives people a license to buy an item, file a return, and completely screw the seller out of funds while keeping the item. Great motivator to post your items on EBAY! What a joke!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@bills_high_end_memorabilia  you read my post completely wrong.  That is how ebay returns used to be.  The new program would have protected you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dagobahgeneralstore wrote:

Another Rep confirmed this is a thing & this is how it works.  The only bad thing is this Rep told me returns have been changed to completely exclude Canadian sellers.  Since we can't issue return shipping labels to US buyers it used to be the buyer just paid for the return & if applicable we refunded them that extra cost.  Now I'm being told they just automatically find in favour of the buyer.  **bleep** ebay >:

Canadians can issue return shipping labels for US buyers, just go to your Shippo page, find your original shipment, and you can now issue a US return label from there. I think you should be able to do this even if you didn’t use Shippo for your original label.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply