cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not charging buyers enough shipping

 I have had a recurring issue with Ebay charging buyers way to little when they buy an item. I have a couple items that I have had the same shipping stats up for a few years. I have sold a between 50-100 of them and about 95% of the time it gets the shipping close or charges the Buyer about a $1 more. 
    The other 5% of the time it charges the Buyer less than $2 even though the shipping is at $4.00-5.50 every time. This wouldn't bother me except that I'm only making $2-3 profit on these times as it is. So loosing $2 to shipping means I break even. There was one instance where I gave them a discount and then the shipping was wrong and I lost $1. 

I want to reiterate that nothing changed about the items or the shipping sizes or weights between buyers.

Incorrect Ebay label.PNG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You have it set incorrectly.  You have chosen an untracked first class letter rate.  You should change it to Ground Advantage.  That will fix your issues.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's not eBay... it's user error. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi @mmmmsquid . Several of your listings are set up to offer First Class (untracked letter / flat) service instead of Ground Advantage package service.

- Your items do not physically qualify to ship as a FC letter/flat.

- eBay does not sell postage for FC letters/flats untracked service, even though they allow sellers to offer the service. That's why the label page is defaulting to the least expensive tracked service, Ground Advantage

These are the listings you need to edit, changing the service from First Class to Ground Advantage:

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much everyone. I have made the changes to my listings.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply