Compare the date I have to ship by to the estimated delivery date. 😞

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 2.30.05 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay is so unrealistic and it makes for ticked off buyers

Yes, it's ridiculous. eBay says it happens because they base their estimated delivery date on your actual shipping history and performance record So if you state 3-day handling but you usually actually ship next day, then eBay's delivery estimate will be based on 1-day handling.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Buyer paid on the 19th right so it closed at least 4 calendar days from the expected shipping departure date. Pretty fair i'd say but maybe I am missing something bc I am not trying to be a smartass here. I ship next day so I hold myself to a fairly high standard.

I see the issue here. Different shipping windows for buyer and seller.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

So I am sabotaging myself by giving myself a cushion but not using it. Ugh! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Strange but kinda normal.

I had items where I had 3 days to mail and item and eBay was giving me 2 weeks before it gets to its destination. Something that only takes 3 days cross country USPS.

I wonder if its because we are doing USPS instead of eBay shipping labels...LOL

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yup, been happening to me for years.  I could post many screenshots like yours. We give ourselves that weather, health, item hiding, power outage, internet outage, or whatever cushion, and eBay just ignores what we have chosen. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

So I am sabotaging myself by giving myself a cushion but not using it. Ugh! 

@albertabrightalberta 

Happens to me all the time. An order yesterday, shows 'Ship by' 10/24... EDD is 10/24. We're too efficient.

The only way I can see to change it is to slowly begin to extend our shipping history. Too afraid to do that...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I wonder if its because we are doing USPS instead of eBay shipping labels...LOL

I do use ebay shipping labels and I ship via USPS. 

My opinion is that they shouldn't show an EDD until the shipping label is created and they should base that EDD on the shipping date put on the label. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just ship it per you shipping parameters and ignore ebay, they have had shipping, which they know NOTHING about so screwed up for at least 3 years now. So as long as you ship by the parameters you set up and if any issues arise from getting your account dinged or from a buyer, just toss it back to ebay and explain to the customer where the problem lies.....It is truly amazing that in the internet universe among all the websites and other competing platforms that ONLY ebay can screw up shipping between a buyer and seller. The more garbage they come up with that they try to get you into the more it screws things up....Nor does ebay even begin to bother to educate the buyer or seller. The shopping cart is a cluster.... the combined shipping aspect does not work properly and is incomplete on the phone apps...they were in too big a hurry and missed a few important tools like the Request a new total button!  International shipping same deal screwed up combined shipping....example: Guy from Canada wants to order a number of items, yet ebay blocks both buyer and seller from combining orders (let me tell you international shipping is not cheap!) so ebay makes the buyer pay shipping and each item! That gets pricey real fast and most if not all buyers run from the stupidity....lost sales! Now If I as a seller take all the items the buyer wanted and listed them all as a package deal in 1 listing with 1 shipping costs...NO Problems! So tell me exactly what the difference is....shipping all the same items 1 at a time with the buyer paying shipping on each item.....OR shipping all the same items in one combined order with 1 reasonable shipping rate!..The ONLY difference is ebay...This is not rocket science here...I cannot imagine who thought this was a good idea, as it sure does NOT promote sales, more like drives sales away to other platforms. No the settings in my store are correct as high level ebay techs have been over it at least 4 - 5 times and find no issues with settings, they know it is on their end.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply