cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay international shipping problem

I recently shipped a camera to a buyer in China using ebay international delivery.  The buyer has contacted me about an anomaly shown in the tracking. 

The USPS part of the tacking shows that it was delivered to ebay international shipping, but the ebay tracking shows "Failed to deliver shipments as receiver failed to provide valid ID certificate. We will follow up."  It's been a week, and no one has contacted me.  Does anyone have any idea what this means?  Is there anyone I can contact to try to fix the issue?

tracking2.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay international shipping problem

Sorry for not having concrete information to help you. There are too many hands in the cookie jar when dealing with ebay international shipping......it could be the USPS, the freight forwarder, the airline, US Customs, Foreign country Customs, Foreign country delivery agent, or other.

I would contact the USPS directly to double check if everything was delivered to the freight forwarder's consolidation address on the shipping label.  If everything looks good from the USPS, then I will have to recommend that you contact ebay customer service. Maybe, they have additional information that hasn't been uploaded to the order details. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

USPS shows it was delivered, so I guess I need to try ebay.  They still haven't contacted me.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Something odd is going on @acxelectronics because typically you can track ESUS numbers on this page and get more detailed information than what eBay shows.

I attempted to track your package when you first posted but it didn't pull up, and I tried again just now with the same result. Other ESUS numbers are working fine. You didn't alter the number in the above screenshot, did you?

Typically I'd advise tracking it at that link which would give you more info including each carrier and tracking number used.

The estimated delivery is May 10 so the buyer probably won't be able to file an item not received claim for a while. When they do, if the package is still MIA you can refund them. 30 days after the last scan you can file an insurance claim here.

Maybe the package is being returned to you? That can take a while.

eBay CS will not be able to give you any more details.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

That's the correct tracking number.  It works for me on that site, but it doesn't provide any more information.

Customer service had this to say:

"The good news is that I was able to find the information below, showing the most recent tracking update was on March 24th. Based on the most recent update, the carrier is awaiting information from the buyer. We have sent your buyer an email with instruction for how to contact SF Express and resolve the hold."

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Interesting, I tried on a different browser and the ESUS number pulled up this time. There definitely is more info on the side of the page - it shows the SF Express tracking number. When you put that in to the SF Express site you get this, which shows "to be delivered" and allows you to interpret the message "Receiver failed to provide valid ID certificate" as an issue on the buyer's end. They need to provide an ID to SF Express to get their package.

Send the SF Express tracking number to the buyer and tell them to follow up with the carrier @acxelectronics.

sfexpress.png

Message 6 of 6
latest reply