cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay glitch

Ebay has a real problem. I have addressed with them many times but to no avail.

Newer  listings in US do not allow shipping to Ireland or outside of US! regardless of shipping set for International by sellers.

Ebay keep saying it  is sellers settings but it is not.

Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay glitch

It may not be an eBay glitch.  More likely the new UK regulation about importing and shipping things that aren't labeled in accordance with this new standard.   It went into effect in late February.  

"Importers of goods from any country outside the UK to provide their details either on the product itself, on an accompanying document, the packaging or on an adhesive label."

UKCA marking: conformity assessment and documentation - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay glitch

Thanks for your reply. I am not in UK but Ireland which is in EU

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebay glitch

What sort of things are you searching for?  The majority of US sellers who ship international seem to be using ebay international shipping.  They do restrict shipping quite a few items to the UK but I found that a lot of those listings to ship to Ireland.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ebay glitch

Hi

Oil paintings. The sellers are adamant they have shipping settings set correctly for international shipping. They have even gone through same with ebay and relisted ads. Still same problem for me.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ebay glitch

I don't know what to suggest.  I used Ireland as my location and paintings that were being shipped through eBay International Shipping (EIS) did ship to Ireland but there were a lot of non EIS listings that shipped to the US only.  Perhaps those sellers only think their listing are set up internationally or else their listings are too large or above a certain $ value so cannot be shipped there.  If you want to give an example of a listing or two that the seller insists is set up internationally, we can try and check.  The item number can be seen to the right of item specifics on a PC.

I did find a few sellers that were using Priority International and shipping their directly too but the majority seemed to ship via EIS.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply