cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay envelope Out for Delivery 100 miles from address & no updates

ebay`s standard envelope service had Out for Delivery on Oct 15 in city 100 miles away from a buyer`s address. Then no updates. The buyer sent me a message asking to resolve the issue since she didn`t receive it. How I should proceed? The PIP claim can be filed 15 days later though. Is there a chance the envelope find its way to correct city?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@worldwidetreausures 

With all the current craziness that's been going on with USPS, one of the latest problems is mail being routed to entirely different destinations.

Probably nothing to worry about -- once that particular post office realizes that it has a piece of misdelivered mail, it will be re-routed again -- and hopefully correctly.

I mailed an item a few months ago going to Colorado (I'm in Minnesota) -- it took a detour to California, before being properly re-routed back over the Sierra Nevadas, and then over the Rocky Mountains.

Didn't seem to be to be too exhausted from its "vacation."

As long as the delivery date has not passed by, just gently inform your buyer that this is the new USPS "normal," and to wait just a few days more.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Usually the buyer and seller can't see the tracking of a standard eBay envelope. But eBay should be able to see it as delivered. Some buyers use this as item not delivered because buyer can't see tracking of it being delivered. I would not refund or do anything. Let eBay handle it. It had eBay tracking which buyer and seller can't usually see.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ESE is a total pain in the backside.

It means explaining screwups on small and price sensitive sales. And it often fails to scan or leads to lost or misrouted shipments.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So just let the buyer open INR?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@worldwidetreausures 

What is the estimated delivery date?

If the estimated delivery date has passed, suggest that the buyer wait just a couple extra days longer, so that USPS can get its act together again.

It doesn't sound as if your ESE is "lost" -- only mis-directed.  USPS simply needs to re-route it back to its proper destination.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The ESE tracking shows all the normally hidden hijinks that goes on with normal first class envelope mail. That out for delivery will eventually redirect and eventually show up at the right place. 

Customers are getting more and more used to the oddities of the tracking and I get far less questions about it than I used to. At one point I was answering 20 questions a day about ESE tracking, and now it is like one every few weeks.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

From my experience, I'm willing to bet that the " out for delivery" is the scan received by the main receiving DC for the recipient's state. it won't be scanned again, but WILL be delivered to the recipient. Probably within 2 days of the "out for  delivery" scan. 

ESUS tracking is NOT the same as regular tracking. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

My worst case showed up in exactly 30 days, but that's extraordinary!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

We (seller and buyer) are in the same state; both addresses are in about 80 miles from me.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

There is still no updates in the tracking after "out for delivery", but the buyer left feedback today, not sure if she got it and being honest or made a mistake and meant that for another seller.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

There usually isn't a scan after " out for delivery" on standard envelopes... So it is up to the honesty of the buyer, and most likely yours is.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply