cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay charging me Twice as much for shipping than usps

Today, checked behind ebay shipping charge against usps…. Same exact dimensions, exact weight and same address…. Ebay shipping label cost after my ebay discount was $44.46…. Went to usps site, entered identical information, cost was $25.45! Almost $20 difference out of my pocket, however the good news (snicker) I could use my funds they are still processing despite they stated release was supposed to be a day ago…. Wonder? Keep funds in process so you have to use there shipping label system, ebay allows sellers to use funds in process for purchasing label. 
Question the ethicality of charging twice the amount of postage costs and who really is getting the kickback….. they hold money, charge sellers the fees for postage charged customers and then double the actual cost of postage, skimming another $20 off my work.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I so feel your pain! I really really really loved selling on ebay... now I don't trust ebay! I have so many issues with my double cost shipping fee and ebay taking fee on that... charging me a fee on shipping costs I  would have payed doubled to them??? That can not be legal... I truly feel a class action suit coming there way if they keep defending overcharging... sad... again, I used to love selling, having truly appreciative customers!!! Miss it.... however I am concerned.... ebay used to be trustworthy. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

your buyer paid retail UPS

You shipped with the eBay UPS discount.

Have not been back to your thread, but at last check, you had provided nothing to back the "never gave me the funds to purchase the shipping"  part of your post.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

whole nother thread on this.

All explained there days ago.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply