cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay approved a customer return that has a not return policy

So I just got an email from Ebay telling me they auto approved a return on an item I sell however I have the product listed as "No returns accepted" the reason the customer put was "Ordered by Mistake" and she said that her son misunderstood and thought it was something else. How was she able to start the return with the listing having no returns accepted? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@3d-expressions wrote:

So I just got an email from Ebay telling me they auto approved a return on an item I sell however I have the product listed as "No returns accepted" the reason the customer put was "Ordered by Mistake" and she said that her son misunderstood and thought it was something else. How was she able to start the return with the listing having no returns accepted? 

First, regardless of how it happened .... it happened.  So, you have a return coming back to you.   These days, eBay won't change a return once it is in motion, but you can protest with eBay once it is received.

Second, given what you just wrote (remorse return reason and a no returns policy), the only thing that I can think of is that the buyer called up eBay customer service, and the customer service agent violated eBay policies and manually approved the return.

Third, to really find out, you would probably need to call up eBay customer service  and ask them what is going on.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They can start a return regardless of your return policy but  if you have a no return policy and the reason is a buyers remorse reason then it shouldn't be automatically approved. You would normally have the option to refuse the return.  

But you do have a 30 day return policy on the GoT door stop..was that the item?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@3d-expressions wrote:

First, regardless of how it happened .... it happened.  So, you have a return coming back to you.   These days, eBay won't change a return once it is in motion, but you can protest with eBay once it is received.

Second, given what you just wrote (remorse return reason and a no returns policy), the only thing that I can think of is that the buyer called up eBay customer service, and the customer service agent violated eBay policies and manually approved the return.

Third, to really find out, you would probably need to call up eBay customer service  and ask them what is going on.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sorry for the delay, this is EXACTLY what happened! The buyer called Ebay and said her underaged son used her account without permission to order my product and thought it was a game controller instead of an accessory like advertised.  The ebay rep said since it was unauthorized use with the buyers account I have to accept the return...... So now im in the hole because I also have to refund her the shipping as well... Ebay has gotten really bad with this stuff, I feel they offer no protection for us sellers. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@3d-expressions wrote:

Sorry for the delay, this is EXACTLY what happened! The buyer called Ebay and said her underaged son used her account without permission to order my product and thought it was a game controller instead of an accessory like advertised.  The ebay rep said since it was unauthorized use with the buyers account I have to accept the return...... So now im in the hole because I also have to refund her the shipping as well... Ebay has gotten really bad with this stuff, I feel they offer no protection for us sellers. 

That is a CSR overstepping their boundaries. Sounds like some training is in order.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@3d-expressions wrote:

You are 100% correct, they only care about happy buyers.  Sellers have NO protection except for tracking on INRs. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would call Ebay repeatedly because the return reason should not have been changed from a remorse to a SNAD. This will also count against you in your seller metrics and I would be ticked off about that as well! A child not reading a description isn't the same as unauthorized use. The parent knew the child was ordering correct? If they stated to you they thought it was something else then they knew and allowed it, the kid just messed up and bought the wrong thing.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply