cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Screen defaults to Fed Ex

Ebay, please explain by the shipping screen automatically defaults to buying Fed Ex after entering weight and size.  I didn't offer Fed Ex nor did the customer request Fed Ex.  In fact the buyer requested USPS Priority.  USPS is down the list of possible shippers.  Why?  Is Ebay trying to get us to move away from USPS and use Fed Ex?  Why not UPS?  Always defaulting to Fed Ex lately.  I've had to reprint labels because I don't want to use Fed Ex.    Please explain.

Cricket-N

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay Shipping Screen defaults to Fed Ex

eBay may very well be trying to steer customers away from USPS due to the delays and problems they are having lately.  That said, you really need  to make sure everything is correct before you click the Buy button. Fortunately, you won't be charged for the FedEx label if you don't use it.

I can't even get to USPS....it stays on Fedex!  I never use Fedex!

What can I do??

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have had a horrific past two weeks with USPS with late packages and packages sent to different states becuase of our processing center in our state being in a state of disarray/chaos. I suspect that many of USPS processing centers are in a similar state. If you choose to use USPS expect that many of your packages will be late , lost in the system. Tracking screwed up, customers screaming at you, and much much more. Use another shipping service. Especially for Christmas.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Yes, you are exactly right. You need to check what you are printing before clicking. You can pick any shipping service you want, you just need to click on it. I've been using FED EX and UPS for items over 2 lbs lately. I'm getting up to 40% off and they are half the price. For lighter items just click on USPS and it will show you all the options. Hope it works out next time because it is not fun voiding and reprinting labels. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Can you click on the top where it gives you options for USPS, FED ED and UPS? If you aren't able to pick there is something wrong and you should call Ebay. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

This needs to go back to what the buyer selected. Isn't that what it's all about the buyer!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Dear Points13, Hurray.  You get my point.  I realize I must be alert to making the correct selection.  But I would like ebay to stop selecting Fed Ex or any other shipper.  What the buyer selected should be at the top of the list.  Ebay, here the wows.  Is it more important to promote fed ex or acknowledge the buyer shipping selection?????

Nancy

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I agree! I only offer USPS and to have the buyer choose Priority and the shipping page always have FedEx 1st is not helpful.

The only options should be the options in the listing.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It takes a minute to change; just click USPS and wait a 10 seconds or so; it will change over to USPS choices. You also have to click at the bottom of the 3 ways to ship that are shown, to show 'more options' for USPS shipping. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

OP, It's apparently a known glitch that's in no hurry of being fixed.

You are correct the default shipping choice should only be the service and carrier sold in the listing. It should be seamless. The current glitch just creates more opportunities for mistakes and wastes time.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes, it's a known glitch that was introduced when they tried to fix the previous error.  They had it working briefly but continue to change the shipping label screen and each time they break just a much as the fix and in no way is it better than before.  Pretty much a total FAIL in my opinion.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I was getting USPS Express this morning... $48 shipping or $3.09 First Class... hmmm, I wonder.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

this is a terrible change that no one asked for. 
I've had terrible experiences with fed ex and would much rather use USPS. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply