cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Estimated Times Are Ridiculous!

When the post office was running well these estimated delivery times were always too short, now that the post office is running poorly they are just flat out ridiculous! I sell an item with a 4 day handling time and they give 2 DAYS as an estimated arrival. There is nothing that arrives in 2 days anymore, even expedited. Please Ebay, stop making our customers mad with these unattainable delivery times. We put the handling time in there for a reason, as a buffer for the post office's shortcomings. Give 3-4 business days (AFTER the handling time) and that is still a stretch. Why do you want angry buyers? Believe me they would rather have reality, than fantasy.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay Shipping Estimated Times Are Ridiculous!

It really depends on the postal rate and the path to its destination. I have had media mail take 4 days going to one State and a Priority Package take 7 days to a different State not much further than the Media Mail State. But I do agree Ebay dragged their feet announcing delays because of the pandemic. Took like 3 months for them to finally put a banner on the website letting potential buyers know. The buyers should have common sense on their own, but I guess I am a dreamer. Lol. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just had an issue with this myself. Seller won item late Friday night the 19th and I shipped Monday morning the 22nd well within my handling time. eBay/USPS said guaranteed delivery by the 25th, it did not arrive and now buyer wants to return it when it does arrive as it ws supposed to be gift given today the 26th. I suppose I will now lose shipping costs both ways.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It just leads to unhappy buyers.   Better to let them know shipping can be delayed. If they need/want it now, mail order is not for them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay is completely ignoring my listed handling time and telling me to ship by dates incompatible with what I have listed.  Then they continue posting unrealistic delivery dates for buyers that my First Class package will be delivered in 3-4 days from West coast to the East Coast when USPS can't even get my Priority Mail packages delivered in that time frame.   They also need to get out of the business of posting any Guaranteed Delivery Dates when they aren't even involved in the shipping process.  eBay shouldn't guarantee anything for sellers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am going to go out on a limb and say the gift excuse is fake. 😂 You can still give a belated gift or save it for some other time or person. Not sure if still the case because Ebay seems to change polices every few months, but from my understanding weekends/holidays don't count as part of your handling time. Sounds like the pre pandemic times are still being quoted by Ebay. Maybe this is a glitch using the "Guaranteed" opt in. I remember when I used to do Guaranteed delivery. I think you get a discount for that, right? I can't remember, it has been a while. I stopped because of Ebay Clueless promises to customers. But I still ship out the minute I get a sale if I am home. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply