cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Closed My Return Before Seller had UPS pick up the box

Long story short-the seller messaged me after I purchased something to apologize saying he didn't know when he would actually have the item in stock and told me I could cancel-which I did because I needed it on a certain date. I purchased it from another seller and thought that was the end. Days later, he let me know someone accidentally shipped my item, but that I could just send it back on their dime. I filed for the return, but instead of a label, they said to leave the package outside and UPS would pick it up. Each week I reached out to the seller telling them UPS hadn't picked up the box and they asked me to be patient. It's been nearly a month and Ebay just closed my return despite the fact the box is still outside awaiting UPS. I've asked the seller repeatedly to process my refund, but they haven't yet. All of this is documented in my messages so is there any way Ebay can help?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you pay for the item? Were you refunded? 

File with PayPal or your credit card if that's how you paid

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@tiffany49r wrote:

I filed for the return, but instead of a label, they said to leave the package outside and UPS would pick it up.

You have to call and schedule a pick up, you can't just leave it on your porch.

Unless you schedule a pick up, they don't know you have a package waiting to be picked up.

Since the Ebay case timed out, you can file a return on Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply