cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Branded Shipping Supplies Lack of Options

The lack of useful Ebay branded shipping supplies is very discouraging. 

There used to be a much better selection.

If all I sold were small lightweight trinkets it'd be fine but I think most of us need boxes bigger than 6" on a side.

I would gladly pay up for bigger boxes and especially better tape options.

It'd be in everyone's best interest if they offered branded kraft paper tape & strapping/strand tape. They briefly carried 3" tape that barely sticks.

How about some useful packing materials too?

Almost every box I've seen from Amazon and even the Ebay shipping supplies boxes use this style of tape because it's the best stuff on the market. So clearly they order it to use so why not offer the same products you use for shipping the supplies to us powersellers?

They could learn a few things about options from Uline.

https://www.uline.com/Cls_02/Tape

Stronger tape equals few damaged items & returns.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@bostonsgarden wrote:

It'd be in everyone's best interest if they offered branded kraft paper tape & strapping/strand tape. They briefly carried 3" tape that barely sticks.

Actually, it is in eBay's best interest to limit the choices.  If store subscribers don't use their quarterly coupons because there is nothing useful available, eBay profits.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

@bostonsgarden wrote:

Actually, it is in eBay's best interest to limit the choices.  If store subscribers don't use their quarterly coupons because there is nothing useful available, eBay profits.

I disagree.  It is an affordable way to advertise.  The more stuff that is out there in the delivery system with Ebay logos the better.  Just like Amazon does.  You see their boxes everywhere.  That is a good thing.

I'm unsure as to why Ebay trimmed down the variety of stuff, especially boxes.  I don't know if they are having a manufacturing problem or what.  I've read lots of complaints about this and I feel for those sellers that have this issue.

For myself they still have stuff I can use and utilize my entire coupon every quarter.  So I'm not affected by this, but I respect the fact that many sellers are and hopefully Ebay will listen to the suggestions very soon.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I wrote them over a year ago to get 4x4x4 boxes, told me their looking into it. Yet nothing.  Sad thing is i'm getting less and less each quarter, price increase on already over priced boxes, wouldn't sell any if it wasn't for the coupon each quarter

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I completely understand.  I've known of others that have put in suggestions and nothing seems to come of it either.  I certainly have no answers.  Sorry.

When I look at your stuff, it appears to me that you could make use of the padded envelopes and the tissue paper.

Some of the stuff I sell are beads.  I wrap them in the tissue paper and then put them in the padded envelopes.  That works really well for me.

Some of the small bulky items I sell I will wrap up in one the the tyvek Ebay envelopes and then put it in the padded envelopes.  Making sure to stamp the outside of the Tyvek envelope with my name and address just on the off chance it gets separated.

Anyway, just some ideas that may or may not be useful for you.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Not only do they not offer a wide variety of items. 

They preach to sellers on how to be more friendly to buyers by offering more options on shipping and receiving payments. So they eliminate PayPal as choice for payment

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@pjsmith2719 

There are a few different subjects in your post.

Not only do they not offer a wide variety of items. 

True.  Many of us wish and suggest different shipping supplies to be offered.  For many sellers what is currently offered is helpful and for others, they need different things.  You are correct, what is offered does not work for everyone.

They preach to sellers on how to be more friendly to buyers by offering more options on shipping and receiving payments.

I'm not sure where this is coming from.  This isn't something that I've experience.  Certainly Ebay suggests giving shipping options, but it isn't like they require more than one type of shipping.

As to options for receiving payment.  Sellers have no control over that.  Ebay has their approved payment options and that is all that a seller can offer.  So I don't know what options you may be referring to.

So they eliminate PayPal as choice for payment

This is a well publicized TEMPORARY thing for ONLY sellers involved in the Managed Payment program.  There is only a small number of sellers currently in this program.  The initial launch did not allow for PP as a payment option for buyers, you are certainly correct.  But Ebay has also said that the option will be available for buyers sometime in the summer of 2019.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I did not know it was a temporary thing.

What is managed payment?

I am sorry for any misunderstanding about payment options.

It is hard for me to keep up with all the things that they constantly are suggesting like lower your price to make the sale. The price is the price. Promoted listing is another thing that they constantly pushing. The price comparison they show is not helpful.

The constant leave PayPal for accepting payments to the new  eBay payment platform.

Sorry if I strayed some from the original topic.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply