cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't ship through Ebay's Global Program. My Buyer kept the items and received $ for Return fees

I sold a set of silver S & P shakers.  Shipped to the Ebay global shipping program in Kentucky FREE shipping.  The Buyer has sent me over 15 messages requesting a partial refund.  He filed a dispute.  I sent him the $ for the return.  He emails me and says he will keep the return shipping fees and keep the shakers.  He closes the dispute.  I called Ebay and they said I sent him the money outside of Ebay.  Well, **bleep**!  I told Ebay I couldn't send him any money for a return due to the "HELD" status on the transaction.  I was told there is nothing I can do.  So I lost my items to this loser guy and had to pay return shipping for something he has no intentions of returning.  So, your transactions with Ebay's global program is NOT in your best interests if you ship free or not you will still have to PAY for their countries inflated postal fees. 

So he gets money and gets to keep my items.  The Ebay appeals department sounded like of off shore calling center.  They said basicly  TOO BAD!  I hate what Ebay has become.  I have 2 sites here on Ebay generating over 1 million dollars over all these years.  No more easy peasy international sales using GSP.  NEVER AGAIN!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Don't ship through Ebay's Global Program. My Buyer kept the items and received $ for Return fees

Yes, exactly.  Find the transaction in your Paypal account and file a dispute 'Item Not Received'.  Escalate the case immediately and you will get your money back in (I'm not sure exactly) 7-10 days. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I sent him the $ for the return.

Exactly how did you send him $ for the return?  If you sent it through Paypal as "Goods & Services" you can file a dispute and get your money back. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I sent the $ as goods and services.  But Ebay said (on the phone with appeals) that there is nothing I can do... Contact Paypal?  I could check it out.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, exactly.  Find the transaction in your Paypal account and file a dispute 'Item Not Received'.  Escalate the case immediately and you will get your money back in (I'm not sure exactly) 7-10 days. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

More to it here... https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Ebay-s-Global-Shipping-Program-If-the-Buyer-w...

There was no 'free shipping' as far as the buyer was conserned. They paid an excessive amount by you using GSP anyway.   eg. I'm not in the UK, but the shipping cost I would have to pay in US$ is:

Shipping: $22.65 International Priority Shipping to Australia  via the Global Shipping Program.

I can cite this excessive GSP cost on tiny items you have currently listed too.
Like, why is it a small broach costs the same GSP as this much larger and heavier item?

So yeah... Don't ship through Ebay's Global Program.
It's a rip-off, both ways.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I so agree.  I have opted out of the Global Shipping Program.  Ebay does NOT have the sellers back.  Sad!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Can I ask the least complicated shipping way, if i don’t use the GSP?  I have a few listings for intl/gsp but buyers not interested - I’ve heard GSP is very expensive for the buyer.  I only had one experience yrs ago, shipping on own, and the customs form etc was such a hassle, then buyer thought item was lost for 2wks, until she checked with local post office in Germany.  I ended up breaking even / no profit!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply