cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the details of the new Ebay Shipping Labels?

Today, I received the notification, "Ebay Labels is getting a makeover."  If there is one thing that has worked almost flawlessly for me recently on ebay, it has been creating my packing slips and labels.  I get concerned when I see nebulous comments about improvements accompanied by screen shots that actually appear more complicated.  Apparently some sellers are already getting to try the new system.  Can anyone alleviate my fears?  Someone who has seen it...please, tell me it's great.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, it's terrible.  It's missing several key options such as USPS insurance, shipping date adjustment, and "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

I spend a lot of time on the boards, and can't recall anybody complaining about those features on the old form.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is awful! I have been forced into it, and no easy way out.

It takes several more steps to print a label, then several more to get to your next item to ship - a huge time waster.

I've already opened an account with stamps.com to find an alternative. This new format, unless fixed, is unuseable for me.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Sorry, it's terrible.  It's missing several key options such as USPS insurance, shipping date adjustment, and "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

I spend a lot of time on the boards, and can't recall anybody complaining about those features on the old form.

That's what I was afraid of.  Back at the company I used to work for, whenever I heard management say, "We heard you, and we're making improvements," I got used to assuming the worst.  Maybe that is still the right reaction.  There is NOTHING wrong with the old form, except for minor issues, like having the default insurance choice on USPS go to ShipCover rather than USPS.  Everything shows on one screen.  It appears the new version requires multiple screens.  The old form brings up the shipping method from the listing as default.  I don't understand why there needs to be much decision-making at the time of printing the label.  I hope at least the method specified in the listing is easy to select.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The ship date may be a gotcha for me when I get opted into the new label trainwreck.

I quite often ship late in the day orders at the last minute at 4:45 PM for 5 pm blue box pickup, and by then the eBay label flow has already defaulted to "tomorrow" for the ship date.

PO's may complain about "post dated" labels more than "stale" late labels. We will see.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@markdown-media wrote:

It is awful! I have been forced into it, and no easy way out.

It takes several more steps to print a label, then several more to get to your next item to ship - a huge time waster.

I've already opened an account with stamps.com to find an alternative. This new format, unless fixed, is unuseable for me.

From the two replies so far, I'm not getting any warm fuzzies.  As someone given the chance to try it before general release, are you supposed to give feedback on your eperience using it?  If enough of the chosen sellers truly find it problematic and speak up, maybe this doesn't have to come to be in the near future until it is truly better.  I never "bulk ship."  I work on one package at a time so I don't get anything mixed up.  I print nearly all my labels based upon the default that comes directly from how I set up my listing.  All I need to do typically is adjust the weight a little bit, and perhaps I need to change the box size a bit, but the whole process of printing the labels has been so easy.  I really don't like hearing this.   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply