cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not trust ebay

eBay cares nothing about doing what is right. They refunded a buyer for a motorcycle frame and title without returning it to me. I reported it as stolen. They did nothing for me as the seller. I was a eBay customer for 25 years. No more.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Do not trust ebay

You must have been sent emails from Ebay that a return had been requested.  Did you read them?  You have to accept returns.  If you don't you risk the forfeit of the item and the payment.   The fact you put no returns in the listing is meaningless.  EBay has a money back guarantee policy that overides it and is part of the agreement you acknowledged as a user.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

You must have been sent emails from Ebay that a return had been requested.  Did you read them?  You have to accept returns.  If you don't you risk the forfeit of the item and the payment.   The fact you put no returns in the listing is meaningless.  EBay has a money back guarantee policy that overides it and is part of the agreement you acknowledged as a user.  

The issue is that they refunded the buyer without returning the frame.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@rk2as1 wrote:

eBay cares nothing about doing what is right. They refunded a buyer for a motorcycle frame and title without returning it to me. I reported it as stolen. They did nothing for me as the seller. I was a eBay customer for 25 years. No more.

This shouldn't happen but did you follow ebay's instructions as to when to respond to the case?

Probably not and you missed the deadline for the response and the buyer most likely escalated the case and ebay simply closed the case and refunded the  buyer.

Otherwise ebay would instruct the buyer to return the frame with tracking and would not refund if the tracking did not show elivered.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

EBay has a set policy regarding returns, you as a seller must know them to facilitate your business. As far as "them" not caring about what is right, they are not a they they are a platform with rules to sell on.  This is not a person turning their back on you, but a vehicle to sell and buy on with their rules. 

Sorry to hear that this has caused you to no longer want to be a part of this community.

I wish only the best for you moving forward in all that you do.\

Happy Thanksgiving,

Grandma 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@martin2001 wrote:

@toysaver wrote:

The issue is that they refunded the buyer without returning the frame.

Maybe that's the issue.

Without more information I find it unlikely that ebay just willy nilly refunded without contacting the seller that there was a return request.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

This is Ebay:s

Payment methods policy

What is the policy?

•PayPal

•PayPal Credit

•Credit card or debit card

•Apple Pay

•Google Pay

•Payment upon pickup

Listings in one of our approved categories may offer the following additional payment options:

•Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers.

I did send from my bank account directly to sellers bank account with IBAN and all I made a Bank-to-bank transfer of almost 2,500Euros.  Did not receive my goods. Opened a case. Long time goes and when I ask Ebay - what is happening they say that my Bank-to-bank transfer is not a Bank-to-bank transfer!
When I ask Ebay showing the Bank-to-bank transfer - what is this then? . Ebay do not respond. Is Ebay a part of the scammers? 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ljungbergarn54 wrote:

I did send from my bank account directly to sellers bank account with IBAN and all I made a Bank-to-bank transfer of almost 2,500Euros. Did not receive my goods. Opened a case.

Practically, there is no way to force a refund when you pay in cash. Even if that's how it was done/still being done in the old world. Sorry, your money is gone.

You've replied to a thread dated last year. You should begin a new thread if you'd like to see more sage wisdom.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ljungbergarn54 wrote:

Listings in one of our approved categories may offer the following additional payment options:

•Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers.

I did send from my bank account directly to sellers bank account with IBAN and all I made a Bank-to-bank transfer of almost 2,500Euros.  Did not receive my goods. Opened a case. ...

Payment by wire transfer or bank transfer is allowed in certain categories, and  on certain eBay websites ... but transactions that are paid that way are not covered by eBay buyer protection.

In order to have eBay buyer protection, you need to pay with a safe online payment method, through the eBay checkout system. Bank wire transfers can't be made through the eBay checkout system.

The laws in some European countries mean that private sellers there can't be required to accept online payment methods, so it's up to the buyers to only make purchases where they can use a safe online payment method, so that they will be covered by buyer protection.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Did you try contacting eBay?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply