cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I get scammed?

Hi,

A few days ago, i bought a night vision goggle and an infrared illuminator off someone on ebay.

The first problem came when I took my first look at the items. 
The illuminator wasn't the one that was listed. It was another, cheaper model of the same manufacterer. Wich is fully functional though, but I have no use for it, since it resembles more of a red torch instead of an "invisible" light that backs the night vision device up.

The second problem is that when I compared the night vision device to my own device (wich is/should be the exact same one), it looks and feels different. And when viewing through it, I noticed it has x2 magnification and a narrower field of view instead of the x1 magnification he stated in the listing. I am absolutely 100% sure of this, because I own a unit that came from a reputable seller and I payed a lot for it and compared to my unit, it's totally different.
For the ones on here that know something about night vision; we're talking about the armasight spark core.
On top of that, he failed to mention that the weaver rail and lens cap are damaged prior to buying.

Up until now he offered me a 50gbp refund out of a total amount of 365 gbp
I already declined the offer. I want a bigger refund, because he just sold me 2 products that just weren't as described and for one of the two, I have no practical use.
Anyway, if I would have known what the products were, I would have gone for a better price instead of 365gbp.

My question is, if he would opt for a return of the items, would I be obligated to comply with his wishes? Because I like the items he sent me, just not for that huge amount of money i was willing to pay if the products were as described in the listing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice on what to do.
I'm pretty clueless right now.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did I get scammed?

He has made his offer to you, since you don't like that resolution, you would need to return for a full refund.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did I get scammed?

I agree with @loveyourimagination49 - either return for a full refund or accept the seller's offer of $50GPB.  If the item is not what you originally purchased (seller sub/swapping out), then I would return for a refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Did I get scammed?

Can't have your cake and eat it too. If you like them, keep them. If you don't like them, return them.  Sounds like you have a legit SNAD complaint.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Did I get scammed?

Sounds like you item is SNAD. If you can't work it out with your seller, open a SNAD case and follow the directions. Most likely you will have to return everything in the order. Buyers don't get to cherry pick or decide what they think a reasonable partial is (if any).

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Did I get scammed?

eBay won't force the seller to give you a partial refund. Either return for a full refund or accept the amount he's offered you and keep the item. If he tells you to return for a refund, then that's what you do. Otherwise the return request will close against you for failing to return the item in time and you get NO refund period. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 6
latest reply