cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed delivery of USPS packages

I am in the Detroit metro area and I am having a very difficult time getting further tracking information once the packages have been scanned in and received at the local post office. I use eBay for printing out my USPS Priority and First Class mail postage and then request the packages be pickup at my home. I am shipping about 15-20 boxes per day. 

I have two packages that have been in the system for 40 days and I then 38 more that have been in the system for more than 30 days. I have submitted missing mail cases on each of these and so far, 7 post masters for different states have contacted me. They are all saying the same thing, due to Covid-19 that don't have enough staff.

The other issue that came up from taking with these post masters is that the USPS contracts each year during the holidays to handle packages for UPS and FedEx too!

So, as for sellers, we don't have a better solution for shipping and as buyers, you are at the mercy of the system.

I have made two calls to eBay customer service and have messaged them twice with my issues. I know I am not the only seller or buyer with these issues. All I am asking for is that eBay put up a banner our community know that shipping times are going to be extended - in some instances, depending on your address, much longer than  30 days. 

Buyers need to be patient and eBay needs to protect BOTH sellers and buyers alike. I have been selling on eBay for over 24 years and I know customer service. I get ahead of the issues BEFORE they get out of hand. In this instance, both the seller and the buyer are at the mercy of the shipping company (third party). All cases with these types of issues should be put on HOLD until the shipping companies and Covid-19 has been better addressed. 

I hope someone at eBay is listening!

Regards,

Jeff - Motorcitytoyz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yep. USPS has bogged down big time.  Even the other services are running slower now.  If you want it by Christmas, better buy it in person.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, my packages to buyers are taking a long time.  I hope they get them soon, I have never had packages take so long.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Screenshot 2020-12-17 USPS Website Tracking.jpg

@motorcitytoyz wrote:

I am in the Detroit metro area and I am having a very difficult time getting further tracking information once the packages have been scanned in and received at the local post office. I use eBay for printing out my USPS Priority and First Class mail postage and then request the packages be pickup at my home. I am shipping about 15-20 boxes per day. 

I have two packages that have been in the system for 40 days and I then 38 more that have been in the system for more than 30 days. I have submitted missing mail cases on each of these and so far, 7 post masters for different states have contacted me. They are all saying the same thing, due to Covid-19 that don't have enough staff.

The other issue that came up from taking with these post masters is that the USPS contracts each year during the holidays to handle packages for UPS and FedEx too!

So, as for sellers, we don't have a better solution for shipping and as buyers, you are at the mercy of the system.

I have made two calls to eBay customer service and have messaged them twice with my issues. I know I am not the only seller or buyer with these issues. All I am asking for is that eBay put up a banner our community know that shipping times are going to be extended - in some instances, depending on your address, much longer than  30 days. 

Buyers need to be patient and eBay needs to protect BOTH sellers and buyers alike. I have been selling on eBay for over 24 years and I know customer service. I get ahead of the issues BEFORE they get out of hand. In this instance, both the seller and the buyer are at the mercy of the shipping company (third party). All cases with these types of issues should be put on HOLD until the shipping companies and Covid-19 has been better addressed. 

I hope someone at eBay is listening!

Regards,

Jeff - Motorcitytoyz

I was told by eBay Customer Service that USPS had not posted any issues with delivering packages or employee issues.

This photo was taken right from the Tracking a Package page....DUH! And highlighted in red!

eBay, we have a problem and it is effecting buyers and sellers.

All I am asking for is more time for non-received item cases to be approved. Packages in some area are taking longer than 30 days to be delivered.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply