cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Pick up locally

Is there a way to set all of my listings for free pick up as an extra alternative to shipping? I would still use shipping for most customers but I just sold an item to someone in my own neighborhood and if just felt wasteful to have them pay to ship it when they live literally within a mile or so. I want to set it up so people can choose local pick up if they live close.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Customer Pick up locally

go to your active listing select the listing you want or in group of 2000 for editing , then select all and from shipping all the local pick up

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Customer Pick up locally

Hi @toycollectorbob . We see the problem often where sellers offer local pickup as a secondary shipping option on low cost items that are typically shipped, and what happens is buyers across the country choose free local pickup thinking it means free shipping.

While you can revise your listings in bulk to add the local pickup option, my suggestion is: don't do that. Instead, add a note to your description that says something like local pickup available upon request, please send an eBay message before making your purchase.

Then on a case-by-case basis you can add local pickup. The vast majority of buyers will not use local pickup so that will save you a lot of headaches.

Also remember if a buyer pays and you realize they live in your neighborhood, you can always offer to cancel the sale and relist with local pickup to save them the ship cost.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Customer Pick up locally

Make sure they sign for it if picking up locally, as you have zero tracking or POD.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply