cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed for the season?

How many of you who don't sell "gift" type items are  thinking about closing down for the Holidays? 

I don't know about you but last December the USPS was a disaster that managed to cost me thousands in lost or delayed packages.  I had to refund or replace all of them and some of them even got delivered in February and I never got them back. 

I've already heard "warnings" coming from the USPS to expect delays and higher costs during the holiday season. 

I'm giving serious thought to shutting down my sales for the month of December.  I just can't afford another December like last year or worse.  There's just no reward for that risk.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Closed for the season?

I'll probably shut down after Thanksgiving, until next year.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Closed for the season?

Nope, not shutting down, staying open. I need all the few sales I can get from ebay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Closed for the season?

My advice is to continue to operate your business - ITS Q4 AND HOLIDAY SALES YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON!

Yes, last year with USPS was a disaster and we had many packages that took 2-3 months to arrive due to COVID + Holiday Demand. We will be excluding US Protectorates and Alaska/Hawaii after Thanksgiving as the only courier to cheaply deliver there is USPS.

We will be relying solely on UPS and FedEx for the rest of the season. The delay for these couriers last year was only 1 week which isn't terrible. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Closed for the season?

I'm pretty sure I'm shutting down.  It's just not worth the hassle for me.  I don't sell the type of stuff people give as gifts and I could use the vacation time to work on inventory, etc.  I only wish the "time away" function didn't have a limitation of 30 days.  I would start right at Thanksgiving and go thru the New Year.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply