cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed address in the middle of non payment case

Hello, I had a customer  that Bought a item and didn't pay. He had no contact with me until the last day of the case closing when he paid.  Shipped item to address given . Package shows delivered  and now he claims he never received it.  Now it shows a different mailing address. Keep in mind I am not blaming anyone for anything. Sounds strange and not sure what's going on or what to do at this point. Anybody else encounter this before? In 20 years I have had good results from 99 % of people. Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Changed address in the middle of non payment case

Well this is to try and get item and money. If they file a case make sure to contact eBay and tell them the address was changed after order was received and after item shipped. They have records of such changes.

Some cases it is the user moved and did not get an update on address, and find out to late.

Next is hijacked account,  and there are other reasons for such.

If it was sent to the registered address at the time, you are in good shape. 

IF it gets returned to you, they of course would have to pay shipping again to recive item.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, Looks like I might get a package interception if I'm lucky. Post office was more than helpful. Its still on the truck. The Post office just had a guy yesterday come in and say the same thing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Where are you now seeing a different address?  The buyer can change an address before or when they are paying but they can't change it after they pay.  Is it possible that you sent the item to the ebay address showing before they made payment?  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello, They switched I believe on the last day the case was closed.  I had his address from the invoice and paypal made up prior to my case being filed.  That is where he caught me. I never went back to look . I know for a fact he moved also.  I tried to cancel  and give his money back and mark it up to a bad experience , But the  Ebay cancellation process  says after I pay him back he must notify ebay that I refunded his money. NOPE. I already think something stinks let alone let him dictate he got his money back. I also think it strange that I emailed him to cancel and he hasn't returned any response. Plus. If you buy something online I would think he would have said hey,I moved to a new address and Edited the one you had 4 days ago at the end of your case.    20 years on ebay and never had this happen. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

...............general reply..............

this seems to be a recurring problem for some users and its quite simple to avoid,all you need to do is look at your wating to ship columm in in the seller hub,its goig to have the latest address.

I wish people would stop lookig at paypal or MP as to when to ship,seller hub lets you know when its OK to ship.I have never ever heard of sellers hub being hacked.

I have seem numerous reports of checking paypal for the payment,this is the last place I woud ever look,if it says wating to ship in seller hub then its good to go

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

I have seem numerous reports of checking paypal for the payment,

This is the ONLY address that counts -  the address on the payment. If you are not in managed payments, that's the address you are supposed to ship to. I have always cross checked the Paypal payment address with the shipping label when I print from Ebay. When I used stamps.com, I got the shipping address directly from Paypal. Never once has it been an issue.

Of course with managed payments, that goes out the window.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 7
latest reply