cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada's PO Box (Referred to as "Flex Delivery") eBay won't ship. ??

Been selling for many many years and I have a customer with a question I don't quite understand and I can't answer. I am enrolled in the eBay international shipping program, and I have no restrictions to where I am selling. I'm selling an item for a flat $4.50 domestic. Customer states the shipping rate shows $16.00  to ship to Canada, but they are not permitted to make the purchase because eBay does not ship to a Canada PO Box. Canada's PO Box is referred to as "Flex Delivery" in Canada.  I have checked all my settings and I don't have any restrictions. I don't know what to tell the customer. Thanks for any insight. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canada's PO Box (Referred to as "Flex Delivery") eBay won't ship. ??

Is your buyer actually seeing a message that they can’t buy your items because they have a P.O. Box?  You do have a few items that do not ship to Canada so I want to make sure that it is the P.O. Box that is the problem rather than that the EIS won’t  ship that item. 

A P.O. Box is the same in Canada as it is in the US. People have to use them in small towns, rural locations or in some cases by choice.  It sounds as if EIS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.  I was under the understanding that they used Canada Post to deliver so either I am wrong or they block P.O. Boxes on all countries as they definitely don’t use the postal system in all countries that they ship to.

Flex delivery is when a buyer who does have home delivery chooses to have specific packages sent to a specific post office rather than have it delivered to their home..  There are various reasons why someone would do that.  If your buyer told you they are using Flex Delivery then they should be able to change their address before they pay on eBay  to their street address.   If they don’t want to or can’t do that then it seems that they may not be able to buy items shipped with EIS. 

I often see Canadian and US buyers with a street address on the first line and a Box number on the second. I’ve always assumed that they did that so if a courier was the shipper, they would get the item to their street address and if it was a postal service, they would get the item at a P.O.  I haven’t heard of these people

having a problem but  always send mail through the postal system. I don’t know if this would work with EIS or not.  It might be a risk for the buyer.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply