cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't we just be honest when it comes to shipping expectations?

"Ship by Apr 15 at 9:59pm PDT

Make sure you ship your order within the handling time you specified in the listing.
Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: Apr 15, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023"
----------------------------
You're so smart that you know that 99% of the time I'll ship this out today.  Why?  Because you know YESTERDAY.  We all do.  What I don't know is TOMORROW.  So, I have a 3 day handling time.    

Why is it too much to ask that, prior to their purchase decision, You reflect that 3 day handling time in the estimated delivery date shown to the buyer?  They should see "April 18th - April 20th".  

This is my new soapbox.  I'm going to stand on it until I speak sense into the ears of eBay execs.  I'm asking for HONEST expectations based on my commitment to you, not my past performance.  It doesn't take voodoo rocket science math to come up with 3 + 3 = 3.    I have a 3 day handling time set for a reason... It's to cover my butt for things like last week's tornado.  

I sale printed on demand T-shirts.  Not life-saving heart transplants. 😉   I can promise you, and my customers an April 18th-20th receipt time.  I'll hit it 100% of the time!  Yes, I'll probably BEAT that and they could have it as early as the 17th... but that's "perfect world" expectations.  I don't live in a perfect world. 

I had an F-3 Tornado, first ever, wipe out a huge section about 12 miles from me.  I was without power for 12 hours.  All of my packages go out from that town hit by a tornado.  I still met my stated handling time.   BUT... your voodoo mathematics gave unreasonable and unrealistic expectations to my buyers.  

Ebay lives in a world where I tell them I'll ship by the 15th and they tell my buyer they can expect it by the 15th, and that makes perfect sense to your mathematicians using voodoo math. But to us, in the real world, you know, the ones doing all the work... We HIGHLY RESENT you promising our buyers things we don't promise you.   Personally, I resent it as a seller, but I resent it more as a buyer.  
 photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I shipped a first class package in April 3, the same day it was purchased.  Yes, my songwriter picked it up same day.  Ohio to Oregon.  EBay said it would be delivered April 7.  Today is April 13 and it just arrived in Oregon today.  Of course I've been in communication with the buyer, but if they had opened a case, I would have had to refund by now.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Obviously that is mailcarrier not songwriter.  Weird.  It just tried to auto correct the word again.  ??

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm wondering why eBay would even ask sellers to ship something April 15 since that is a Saturday and lots of post offices are not open on Saturday. Mine is not. I don't have rural mail delivery or pickup so even if rural carriers deliver on Saturday that doesn't work for me.

It seems eBay has lost touch with reality!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply