cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't ship USPS Parcel Select Ground?

When I set up my listing I chose USPS Parcel Select Ground as one of the shipping options, and my buyer selected and paid for that one. Now I'm ready to ship and I see that eBay doesn't show an option to print a label for Parcel Select Ground. My choices now seem to be either ship by USPS Priority Mail and eat the extra cost, or wait in line for an hour at my local post office. Never had something like this happen before so I always assumed that all available shipping options can be purchased through eBay. Apparently not; is there any way to tell when creating a listing which shipping options can't be purchased through eBay?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

eBay no longer offers USPS Parcel Select labels.

Too many not received cases were being opened.

Since many sellers use other services to purchase their shiping labels, eBay still allows you to offer Parcel Select when creating a listing.

OK, you don't want to ship Priority

and you don't want to go to your PO to pay for Retail Ground.

Other options:

Use Paypal Shipping ( www.paypal.com/shipnow ).

or

www.Pirateship.com

or 

www.Stamps.com

to purchase your Parcel Select labels.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

"is there any way to tell when creating a listing which shipping options can't be purchased through eBay?"

I do not know of one: but I dont use eBays shipping....

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

" My choices now seem to be either ship by USPS Priority Mail and eat the extra cost, or wait in line for an hour at my local post office."

If you go to the Post Office, your choices will be Priority Mail or Retail Ground, both of which will be more expensive than the online rate for Priority Mail.  As noted in the other post you can still purchase Parcel Select Ground through other online postage sources such as PayPal.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Use pirateship.com to print your parcel select label & then manually enter the tracking # on the order (copy & paste). It's free!

USPS Priority shipping there is also sold by cubic feet and often times will be cheaper then the ebay shipping prices (unless you're using flat rate of course).

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You can connect your account there to eBay and they will import the shipping data and send back the tracking number automatically. The only disadvantage I've seen so far has been the lack of a "online label record", like what eBay provides when printed on standard paper. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Can't ship priority if it doesn't fit into a flat rate box. Can't use our own brown boxes and print a priority envelope for it = no options other than USPS printed size boxes. ebay has gotten too expensive and difficult to sell on. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"Can't ship priority if it doesn't fit into a flat rate box."

Where on Earth did you get that idea? Any box that could be used for Parcel Select Ground could also be used for Priority Mail.  (Unless the length-plus-girth is over 108 inches.)  Or are you saying that eBay's label setup isn't offering you regular, basic Priority Mail package postage?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I do use ebay but had concerns about theft.  So, I bought a PO box for a year only to stumble on to fact that ebay nixed USPS.  I wonder if ebay would nix my postal service annual fee.  Where is the business community heading: reach out engage screw deny

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

What do you mean by "ebay nixed USPS"?    The majority of sellers here use USPS.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

You don't need proof of delivery for what you're selling?  Why would you not want that normally included tracking and confirmation?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply