cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send a combined invoice...auction items plus buy it now items mixed

Have a bit of a problem trying to get an invoice for combined shipping to one of my repeat buyers.  She won an auction item earlier, and wants to add two of my "buy it now" items, one of which is "on sale 25% off".

All three items show up in her "cart" (since she hadn't paid for the earlier auction yet).  She said the "request total from seller' button is greyed out and tells her "seller has already included a discount" (the "on sale" item, I guess).

When I click on the "send invoice" link on her auction item, I see only the auction item, not the two buy it nows she also wants.

How can i get her an invoice for all three items so that I can combine shipping?  I haven't really found anything that might address this particular situation.  I suppose she can pay for them and I can refund her the excess shipping, but want to avoid that if possible.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your buyer can't request a total from the cart because there is a sale item already involved.
The ebay cart is a mess and only works for items that are not on sale and do not have an IPR you added to your listings.

Sellers have been either upsetting buyers and not discounting the shipping or like myself refunding the buyers shipping via Paypal and ebay is keeping all the extra FVF paid on that shipping !!  
And also you aren't going to see the items in her cart when you try to invoice  it doesn't work like that.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your buyer can't request a total from the cart because there is a sale item already involved.
The ebay cart is a mess and only works for items that are not on sale and do not have an IPR you added to your listings.

Sellers have been either upsetting buyers and not discounting the shipping or like myself refunding the buyers shipping via Paypal and ebay is keeping all the extra FVF paid on that shipping !!  
And also you aren't going to see the items in her cart when you try to invoice  it doesn't work like that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Wow. OK. So if an item is on sale, there's no way to send a "combined shipping" invoice. Way to go, eBay. Lordy. I'm glad this buyer is reasonable. She hopefully won't have a problem with paying and then getting the refund on the shipping. Thanks for the info.

There's so many things about eBay's "system" that seem so incredibly obtuse...for no real reason.  This situation is definitely one of them.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@yestergroove wrote:

Wow. OK. So if an item is on sale, there's no way to send a "combined shipping" invoice. Way to go, eBay. Lordy. I'm glad this buyer is reasonable. She hopefully won't have a problem with paying and then getting the refund on the shipping. Thanks for the info.

There's so many things about eBay's "system" that seem so incredibly obtuse...for no real reason.  This situation is definitely one of them.  

100% agree 
If we still want to do a discount it should be our business. 
This cart issue has been beaten to death & ebay refuses to bend .

Message 4 of 4
latest reply