cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Contact Seller

Hello, this was my first time buying from eBay and my package as I see will not arrive and I cannot contact my seller for information because I don't have tracking number for my package as well.. What can I do? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can't Contact Seller

@pegar5076 wrote:

And after that will the seller provide me with info about the order, or I will open a dispute for the returning of my money?

eBay has a buyer protection program so you are protected to get either the item you ordered or your money back in almost all circumstances.

First, You should try messaging the seller through eBay messages. You don't need a tracking number to do so. The seller can easily look up the order via your username when they see the message. You can also provide the eBay order # in your correspondence. To contact the seller, you can go to your order history and next to your order there will be a button with "more actions" and a drop down  menu should appear. Then select "contact seller" and that will enable you to send them an eBay message concerning the order. If the seller doesn't respond in a timely manner, then you can again go to the same drop down menu next to your order and select "I didn't receive it." eBay will then give you the estimated delivery timeframe. Until that time has passed, they will encourage you to wait for the delivery. If that timeframe has passed, you can then move forward with an "INR" or "Item Not Received" case through the prompts. The seller will have a certain amount of time to respond with tracking information and any other detail they can provide. The  seller can also just refund you at that point. The burden is placed on the seller to "prove" the item was delivered via some tracking information. If it drags out further eBay can eventually get involved and decide the outcome (usually to give you a refund on the seller's behalf since they have not proven delivery occurred).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Can't Contact Seller

Although communication is key to good customer service, it is not required .

Tracking numbers are also not required.

All you need to concern yourself with are the estimated dates of delivery shown to you in the order details.

When the last estimated date of delivery has passed you can open an item not received case from the order in your purchase history. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

And after that will the seller provide me with info about the order, or I will open a dispute for the returning of my money?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

When you open an item not received case, the seller is required to refund you in full.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

@pegar5076 wrote:

eBay has a buyer protection program so you are protected to get either the item you ordered or your money back in almost all circumstances.

First, You should try messaging the seller through eBay messages. You don't need a tracking number to do so. The seller can easily look up the order via your username when they see the message. You can also provide the eBay order # in your correspondence. To contact the seller, you can go to your order history and next to your order there will be a button with "more actions" and a drop down  menu should appear. Then select "contact seller" and that will enable you to send them an eBay message concerning the order. If the seller doesn't respond in a timely manner, then you can again go to the same drop down menu next to your order and select "I didn't receive it." eBay will then give you the estimated delivery timeframe. Until that time has passed, they will encourage you to wait for the delivery. If that timeframe has passed, you can then move forward with an "INR" or "Item Not Received" case through the prompts. The seller will have a certain amount of time to respond with tracking information and any other detail they can provide. The  seller can also just refund you at that point. The burden is placed on the seller to "prove" the item was delivered via some tracking information. If it drags out further eBay can eventually get involved and decide the outcome (usually to give you a refund on the seller's behalf since they have not proven delivery occurred).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

After you open an Item Not Received case, the seller will have 3 days to provide tracking showing the item was delivered or give you a refund.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

Thanks a lot about the info. I don't know if it's a bug or something but when I open "Contact seller" and type a message after I try to send it, it says theres an error and I've tried this multiple times and still cannot send nothing... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

Again, there is no need for you to contact the seller if/when your  package is  overdue by at least 24 hours.  Just open an item not received case as recommended here.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Can't Contact Seller

Oh and one more thing, when I purchased the item in eBay I used one-time use credit card number from Revolut, will i still get the refund on my normal credit card? I've done this because I didn't want someone to get my money from it or something...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply