cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone recomend a label printer?

Any suggestions for a lable printer would be appreciated.  I have been putting off purchasing one for years mostly do to lack of feedback / ratings info.

I dont want to buy a overly complicated one thats prone to breakdowns and malfuctions. I have been leaning towards a Zebra model ZP450 thermal printer. I currently print between 200  to 400 labels per month. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The Zebra 450, is a solid printer, but the Dymo 4XL is faster with higher resolution and a lower price.  Plus much easier to setup.  These 4x6 printers will do USPS, UPS, FedEx, and even the packing slip.  If you are only doing USPS, look at the smaller Dymo 450 at a much lower price.

Buy compatible labels at a good price right here on ebay, but look for approved labels from a USA seller.  Some cheap imports can be troublesome and shorten print head life.

P.S. Do not buy the newer Dymo 5XL or 550.  They are not compatible without special labels.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the advice , I will shop these today.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We purchased a refurbished Zebra ZP 450 here on E-bay years ago and are still very happy with it but it`s the only one we have ever used so have nothing to compare it to.

We will say a thermal printer was one of the best things we have ever purchased ! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'll second the Dymo 4XL.  We use several of them and they work great for us.  Just be careful of off-brand labels, we got some without the holes cut for guides and obviously they didn't work at all, so they were a waste of money.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply