cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still combine shipping without invoice?

Somewhere I read something (on another seller's listing) that ebay does not allow sellers to combine shipping unless it is paid on the same invoice. Yet it appears from my dashboard that I CAN do this still.  IDK if that seller might have been referring to being unable to refund shipping overages on combined shipping, but the listing said that separate sales MUST HAVE SePARATE TRaCKING numbers.  Is this true?  Do separate sales going to the same customer need different tracking #'s?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As long as it is the same Buyer ID, name and address there is no prohibition against combining everything in one box.

One minor wrinkle: If the buyer has made 2 purchases that they are sending to friends or relatives as gifts then there is a problem. Same ID but DIFFERENT shipping addresses.

Print the label for the first item using the combined weight and size of everything in the box. That will generate a tracking number. Copy that number to your clipboard. Then find the other order(s) and where it says "print label" there is also a down arrow for a drop down menu. Click that arrow. There will be a link "add tracking". Click that then paste the number from your clipboard and click save.

That will simultaneously insert the tracking number and mark it as shipped.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As long as it is the same Buyer ID, name and address there is no prohibition against combining everything in one box.

One minor wrinkle: If the buyer has made 2 purchases that they are sending to friends or relatives as gifts then there is a problem. Same ID but DIFFERENT shipping addresses.

Print the label for the first item using the combined weight and size of everything in the box. That will generate a tracking number. Copy that number to your clipboard. Then find the other order(s) and where it says "print label" there is also a down arrow for a drop down menu. Click that arrow. There will be a link "add tracking". Click that then paste the number from your clipboard and click save.

That will simultaneously insert the tracking number and mark it as shipped.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This method has not been reliably working for me recently so have been forced to use bulk shipping instead.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Here is the policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-rates/offering-combined-shipping?id=4169 

According to the article attached to the above for sellers - for buyers it states 

When you combine shipping, the seller will send you a combined invoice detailing all the items in your package.

So, yes - it must be paid for all at one time. The seller you question is truthful.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply