cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I give a refund without a return?

Here's the thing: a buyer wants to return something 'not as advertised'. (It really is, but I know eBay will decide in their favor anyway, but that's another story.) I don't want to pay for return shipping as it isn't worth it to me, I don't want to lose more money. Is there any way I can refund the buyer's original purchase price + shipping while guaranteeing that I won't be charged an additional shipping charge to get the item back?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

yes you can refund via paypal.... or soon as they open a return case...just issue a refund...send them a note and say keep it..

BUT just in case... people will "threaten" and claim stuff to get a refund with returning it...so it a way to scam a seller....

so why not just say return for refund...make them put up or shut up..... and if you are woriied about feedback, then you are playiong into a person =--who may be dishonest--hands...because they know we are are scare of the boogie man feedback

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@varietyfilms wrote:

Here's the thing: a buyer wants to return something 'not as advertised'. (It really is, but I know eBay will decide in their favor anyway, but that's another story.) I don't want to pay for return shipping as it isn't worth it to me, I don't want to lose more money. Is there any way I can refund the buyer's original purchase price + shipping while guaranteeing that I won't be charged an additional shipping charge to get the item back?

Thank you.

There should be an option for return without a refund. I don't know the exact wording on the return screen as I've not seen it, but I believe it gives the option of "refund" and "return for refund". You would want to use refund, since that won't require a return.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sure, just go to PayPal and issue a refund. By doing it that way, you'll still be charged FVF on the sale though. If you tell the buyer to open a not as described return in eBay and then refund, you'll get your fees back too and that refund without the return is an option and it also will block feedback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

Sure, just go to PayPal and issue a refund. By doing it that way, you'll still be charged FVF on the sale though. If you tell the buyer to open a not as described return in eBay and then refund, you'll get your fees back too and that refund without the return is an option and it also will block feedback.

Refunding through a case does not block feedback 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 5
latest reply