cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer used item and now wants a refund

I sold 2 brand new Seresto Dog Flea Collars to a buyer who put them on there dogs for a week and now claims they are defective and don't work and wants to return them for a full refund. I won't be able to sell these items once I get them back because they won't be a brandnew item anymore and they were opened. Is there anything I can do about this? This is 100.00 return that I am going to have to eat. For all I know she is returning the old collars for the one's I sent. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since the buyer cannot return them in the "original" condition as sent/received, I would say no, however, some will say, it is just the cost of "doing business."  Only on eBay would a buyer make a request like that.

Good luck

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

We also received a return that obviously was not the new item we had sent.  To prevent fraud, we now put an imprint on all items we sell.  Go to a hobby or crafts store and buy a stamp pad and unusual stamp (small flower, geometric design, etc) and stamp your imprint in an unusual spot.  Then use your phone and capture a photo against the shipping label.  This has saved us on multiple occasions when the item came back but did not have our imprint on it.  I was able to prove it, and they end their claim and go away.  I keep the photo for a year.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That idea will work only if the buyer decides to close the return request.  EBay won't care about your seller mark.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply