cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requesting a discount

I sold a vintage item that was in brand new packaging. I know that the item was not damaged when it was packaged and mailed. The item was packed in a box with bubble wrap. The buyer messaged me and indicated the tip of the plastic comb was bent when it arrived but says the box wasn’t damaged. I asked for photos which the buyer provided.

I told the buyer I wanted them to be happy with their purchase and asked them to submit a claim and I would accept it and provide a full refund when I received the item back. The buyer then messaged saying they didn’t have time to deal with the return process and asked for a “discount ”.  I believe they still need to file a claim to get a “discount “.  I have been a seller for 20+ years and I am seeing more and more deceitful practices buy buyers. Are others experiencing this and do you have any suggestions for this situation or to protect yourself as a seller?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer requesting a discount

Yes if they want any form of compensation they would need to open a request. 
Personally, I don't give discounts simply because a buyer requested it, to me it's basically asking for something that wasn't offered in the transaction,  but that's up to you to do. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply