cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested to cancel already approved return with partial refund agreement

Stumped-

Buyer wanted to return an item and opened a return item case. Then changed their mind AFTER  an agreement of partial refund would be suitable. This was an automatically approved refund with the option of "print shipping label" on their end and the option to " send full refund" on my end.

How can this be resolved fairly for both parties? Buyer claims there is no option to cancel on their end. Are they missing something or are they just fearful that after the case is closed, that I will not send partial refund because they will not be able to RE-OPEN again? I understand there is always fear of being taken advantage of, but there MUST be some sort of option E bay has in place to resolve this issue on their end. I've exhausted all options on my end and want this resolved with the buyer feeling that they were treated fairly and put first! I also do not want to receive any negative feedback or have this count against my seller account in any way.

Thanks again to all who can respond with some assistance to a quick resolve 😃

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@handbagporiumplus wrote:

Are they missing something or are they just fearful that after the case is closed, that I will not send partial refund because they will not be able to RE-OPEN again?

Yeah- it's one of those two reasons and no way to know which unless the buyer provides more info.

You can't do the partial refund through eBay since currently the only way they let you do that is before the return is approved.

Do the partial refund through PayPal and make sure it's through the original transaction. If the buyer ultimately returns the item the eBay system can't refund them more than what they originally paid. As long as you refund through the original transaction you're good to go. Then the return case will eventually time out if the buyer sends nothing back.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@handbagporiumplus wrote:

Are they missing something or are they just fearful that after the case is closed, that I will not send partial refund because they will not be able to RE-OPEN again?

Yeah- it's one of those two reasons and no way to know which unless the buyer provides more info.

You can't do the partial refund through eBay since currently the only way they let you do that is before the return is approved.

Do the partial refund through PayPal and make sure it's through the original transaction. If the buyer ultimately returns the item the eBay system can't refund them more than what they originally paid. As long as you refund through the original transaction you're good to go. Then the return case will eventually time out if the buyer sends nothing back.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I went ahead and partially refunded through the original PayPal transaction.

As much as I like to think this issue is resolved, sadly I still feel a little bit uneasy... Perhaps it is from a few bad past experiences during my last 5 years of selling on E Bay. 

Either way, I am MORE than appreciative for you taking time out to respond to my issue. 😃

Wish me luck ( he he)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply