cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested 'item doesn't fit' return, now asking me to send label. Opinions please

Buyer purchased item, opened return request for 'item doesn't fit', return auto approved (I have it set that way).  Buyer sent a message inquiring if item was altered or shrunk, as it doesn't fit the same as others owned, and requesting that I send a label for return shipping.

I reply, explaining I include measurements in my listings, due to items not always fitting the same, and ask how the measurements compare to the others owned.  My measurements state 17.5" around waist.  Buyer replies with "your measurements aren't accurate as it measures 17", and the others I own are 18" around waist.  Please send return label."

Buyer clearly is trying to get paid returning shipping.  Item is lightweight, first class item.  How would you respond/handle it from here? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer requested 'item doesn't fit' return, now asking me to send label. Opinions please

If they opened a return for "doesn't fit", that's buyers remorse. There is no where for them to go at this point but either lose weight or return the item. You are only required to provide return shipping IF they opened a "not as described" return. Although they are implying they are SNAD, they opened a buyer remorse. I would say nothing and block, its already been approved, what more is there to say? BTW, I think +/- 1/2 " is well within measuring tolerance.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If she requested a return for "wrong size or doesn't fit" it's a buyers remorse return and if you are both in the US once you accept the return eBay will offer the buyer a label that the buyer has to pay for. I would just accept the return and go quiet....leave the ball in her court.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@missjen831@phcd1, thank you.  The return was opened & accepted prior to the buyer sending a message requesting a label.  It seems the buyer requesting a label is an afterthought of opening the return (for an honest reason).   

Already blocked, but if I don't respond to messages it won't affect the return status right? Which is in the 'waiting for buyer to send item back' stage.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@swenson8781 wrote:

@missjen831@phcd1, thank you.  The return was opened & accepted prior to the buyer sending a message requesting a label.  It seems the buyer requesting a label is an afterthought of opening the return (for an honest reason).   

Already blocked, but if I don't respond to messages it won't affect the return status right? Which is in the 'waiting for buyer to send item back' stage.

Nope, you're all set. If after 5 days they haven't sent the item back, call eBay and try to get them to close it in your favor. That might actually happen as the buyer thinks you are going to send a label when in reality, the case will time out for them.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply