cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer payment refunded by eBay before delivery time reached!

hello, 

why eBay refunded Buyer payment by closing case before delivery time reached?

"Request reason : Item not received"

delivery country - South Africa
sale and payment date: 09-Oct-17 postage date: 10-Oct-17
auction link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263214996878

on action description there is information that delivery to South Africa takes up to 25 working days (so now it can be in halfway)

discuss opened Oct. 18 evolves to case Oct. 24 and colsed by eBay in hours with buyer full refund! 

Please tell me -am I doing something wrong? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay dictates the delivery date - it doesn't matter what you put in the description in your listing. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sellers are not able to change "estamited delivery" dates so this is why I put REAL delivery dates on description... shipment will come to buyer probably in 1-2 weeks and then what? Gently ask him that he may pay me back? Case closed by eBay with buyer favor. It is seems to be buyer conscious "action" how to defend myself?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

But, once again, it does NOT matter what you put in your description. Ebay will go by their own dates. If you continually have this problem, stop selling to countries where the actual delivery date is longer than the estimated dates.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, it's unfortunate. China is the only country that ebay will make the exception and list a warning that the shipping time is beyond the 30 day delivery policy. Everyone else must deal with the 14 day INR policy. All-in-all, you were scammed, and as you have found out, it works perfectly fine, ebay approved using ebay's own rules. Next time just insist that your buyer use a freight forwarder, there's enough out there. You ship to a US address, and they ship to the buyer. Your responsibility ends there.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I made an appeal to ebay decision. They told me that when the shipment reaches the customer and I will have a delivery confirmation, then I have to notify the buyer about the need for a re-payment. I will do so, so I will inform here how the finale will be. Unfortunately I'm afraid the buyer will not cooperate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@cmykpyk wrote:
I made an appeal to ebay decision. They told me that when the shipment reaches the customer and I will have a delivery confirmation, then I have to notify the buyer about the need for a re-payment. I will do so, so I will inform here how the finale will be. Unfortunately I'm afraid the buyer will not cooperate.

the buyer cannot be forced to repay or return the item. You have no recourse if they ignore you. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply