cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer paid but has not updated shipping address

Hello, what do you do when a buyer paid and has his shipping address as a UPS access point, and when I contacted him to change his shipping address he has not yet responded or updated the address? It's been 24 hours. I understand that I can't ship UPS to an access point, only have it redirected once the item is shipped.  I was going to send one more message, but how long do I wait before I cancel the sale?  Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would wait, however it would also depend on your stated shipping policy. I see that you ship  " usually within three days".. If 3 days  is what is officially selected in ebay shipping options I would wait at least a day and send the buyer another message explaining the situation and that you will have to cancel so you are not penalized by ebay. The cancelation reason would be: something is wrong with the buyer's address.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I would wait, however it would also depend on your stated shipping policy. I see that you ship  " usually within three days".. If 3 days  is what is officially selected in ebay shipping options I would wait at least a day and send the buyer another message explaining the situation and that you will have to cancel so you are not penalized by ebay. The cancelation reason would be: something is wrong with the buyer's address.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you, this is very helpful.  I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What does ". . . has his shipping address as a UPS access point" mean?

Have never heard of a UPS access point, but then maybe I am just out of the loop.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

What does ". . . has his shipping address as a UPS access point" mean?

Have never heard of a UPS access point, but then maybe I am just out of the loop.  

My first thought was that UPS stores rent mail boxes to give people a street address to ship to instead of a post office P O Box which we have seen some people, along with UPS and FedEx, don't like. (Did a double take the first time I saw a FedEx truck delivering to a UPS store).

I also know that with Office Depot (now Office Max)) you could ship there to have it held instead of leaving it on your door step. OP needs to explain what the problem is more precisely.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply