cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened request for item not received even though tracking shows delivery

A buyer ordered an item from me. I shipped the item. USPS tracking shows delivery. A couple days later, the buyer opened a request saying the item was not received. I find this likely since I've seen this happen before when USPS will prematurely scan delivery or misdeliver the item. I told the buyer to wait a couple days but the buyer had still not received the package a couple days later. The request was going to shortly become eligible for escalation so I just refunded the buyer. I opened an insurance claim with USPS since ground shipping includes insurance. 

Is there a different way to handle this? Does eBay seller protections offer any protection in a situation like this?

I'm not super certain that USPS will approve the claim since the website says to wait at least 15 days after promised delivery to file a claim. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since tracking showed it was delivered, all you had to do was respond to the INR case and upload the tracking number and the case would have been closed in your favor.

As far as USPS, they said they delivered it so they won't pay on a insurance case, unless you can prove they delivered it to the wrong address, then you might have a chance.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since the tracking shows delivered, there is no case with USPS for non-delivery. They will deny the claim.

Does not matter what the buyer states.

Your only avenue would be to prove that USPS delivered to the wrong address.  You would need help from your local postmaster to accomplish that feat. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since tracking showed it was delivered, all you had to do was respond to the INR case and upload the tracking number and the case would have been closed in your favor.

As far as USPS, they said they delivered it so they won't pay on a insurance case, unless you can prove they delivered it to the wrong address, then you might have a chance.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the insight. Makes sense to me. If I had to do it again, I probably would not refund and take the INR and win. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply