cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims product "doesn't work or is defective" but it is not

hsinaling
Adventurer

A buyer purchased 2 identical bras in different colors - one nude and one black. She requested for a refund on both. It clearly states in my listing that I do not accept returns.  The reason for return on the nude colored bra was "doesn't fit" and so I have the option to decline the return.  However, on the black bra, she claims the item doesn't work or is defective and in the comments section, stated it doesn't fit.  As such, I do not have an option to decline the return.  She probably realized that she needed to select a different reason in order to be successful in her return request.  Since these 2 bras are identical, except for color and neither are defective, will cs side with me in declining the return on the black bra or am I out of luck? Clearly, she wants to return because they don't fit, not because they are defective.  Thanks for your wisdom!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hsinaling 

I wish that I had better news for you but chances are that if she escalates the claim, she will win because the claim is under NAD.  The best thing to do is to accept the black bra back without any hassles. 

It will be up to you in regards to the nude bra...if you want to be gracious, you can accept the return but she would have pay to ship that one back. 

If it were my situation, I would see what the weight was for both bras and if it's going to be no extra shipping charge or only an extra dollar to have her ship both back I would just allow it. 

Reason:  It keeps her from trying some other way to return that bra - via PayPal etc...in which, if she wins, you would AGAIN have to accept the return and pay full price to have it shipped back to you.  Where as it stands right now, it might only cost you another dollar at the most to take BOTH bras back.

I would just try to limit my damage as much as possible...keeping it friendly until I got my items back (and they better be in the same condition as I sent them) and when it was all said & done I would then block her from buying from me again...

...but that's just me...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@hsinaling 

I wish that I had better news for you but chances are that if she escalates the claim, she will win because the claim is under NAD.  The best thing to do is to accept the black bra back without any hassles. 

It will be up to you in regards to the nude bra...if you want to be gracious, you can accept the return but she would have pay to ship that one back. 

If it were my situation, I would see what the weight was for both bras and if it's going to be no extra shipping charge or only an extra dollar to have her ship both back I would just allow it. 

Reason:  It keeps her from trying some other way to return that bra - via PayPal etc...in which, if she wins, you would AGAIN have to accept the return and pay full price to have it shipped back to you.  Where as it stands right now, it might only cost you another dollar at the most to take BOTH bras back.

I would just try to limit my damage as much as possible...keeping it friendly until I got my items back (and they better be in the same condition as I sent them) and when it was all said & done I would then block her from buying from me again...

...but that's just me...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Buyers win almost every such case. They often choose it for that reason along with the fact they don't lose shipping either way.   They can use a lie, no problem.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for sharing your perspective!  I hadn't thought about accepting returns on both and have her pay for the return shipping.  I think you're right...unfortunately, sellers are usually at a disadvantage so I am going to take your suggestion and allow her to return both.  Appreciate your help!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's unfortunate that sellers have no protection if buyers choose to be dishonest.  I guess I should consider myself lucky since this is the first time I've had this type of issue with a buyer. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply