cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims address entered is not the same that was in order details

I sent an order to the shipping address in the order details. Soon after UPS reported it was delivered the buyer informed me that we did not send to the address the buyer entered in the order.  I messaged the buyer a screenshot of the order details and the buyer insisted that the address was not what they entered.  I messaged the buyer multiple times asking for the correct address to see if UPS could divert the order.  When we contacted UPS they said the package was lost and they were investigating the situation so we might be able to divert the package to the correct address. But the buyer won’t provide the address.

I don’t see a way to ask eBay to investigate if is true that the wrong address ended up on the order.

I think either the person put wrong address or they a defrauding me.

I have not refunded the money, pending resolution from UPS.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I wouldn't respond to buyer's emails. 

Buyer needs to open a claim for item not received.

"contacted UPS they said the package was lost"...wow, got someone to talk on a phone?

I am a little surprised a real person answered the call...unlike most companies. Just my personal experience.

I still wouldn't do anything.

Wait for an open claim case and then return here.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you purchased the shipping label through eBay @pe_571547 you will not be able to have the package forwarded to a different address. eBay owns the UPS account and put that block in place to prevent fraud. Even if you could divert, you should never do that.

In order to keep your seller protections should the buyer file a non-receipt claim, you must ship to the address on the order details with tracking confirming delivery to that address. Full stop.

You started your post by saying UPS delivered the package. Then you followed up and said UPS told you the package is lost. What does that mean? Either it has a delivered scan or it doesn't.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We got mixed signals from UPS. It is not easy contacting them. At one point they said it was lost , today they said the package was delivered.  Based on what you guys have responded, it looks like I don’t have to worry.  Ups delivered to address on the order details. And they confirmed delivery. So I am good to go.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As long as tracking shows it was delivered, you're covered if the buyer files an INR.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply